CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 66 % of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.

A new start - my portfolio (real - Dec/2018) and my thoughts

@asder34
What do they say in the investors course about realistic expectations?

TBH I dont remember. From a quick search I just did I did not find something but maybe I missed it. Its clear though that the course is conservative in the risk of the portfolio creation and gives various warnings about darwins with estraordinary returns but short trackrecord.

3 Likes

Bought 1/2 of ZXW.

4 Likes

Sold STP and ONE. The trader of ONE has not made a topic here to describe the changes he is implementing so I dont know what is going on so I prefer to stay out at the moment.

3 Likes

Hello, I don´t know how works the community, I am the trader of darwin #ONE, my blog in spanish is
http://www.quantumlabs.tech
I wrote a post with the new plan of trading in #ONE
http://www.quantumlabs.tech/index.php/2019/03/14/plan-de-recuperacion-en-one/

I will try traduce the spanish blog to english
Thanks.

5 Likes

Waiting to buy LSC.

(20 char)

1 Like

Can you provide the updated composition of the portfolio?

investment not distributed equally

2 Likes

Sold UEI.

Last 6 months the strategy seems changed and I dont see the trader as active on this forum so I dont know what is going on - if all is well. Till I hear some news I prefer to stay out at the moment.

1 Like

There are few investors investing both KVL and LSC :

• Me
  • @forexelate
  • A friend that knows me from 25 years
  • A very good trader known here in the community :wink:
1 Like

It is not a problem of six months but a single event, the problem is not the strategy but the behaviour of the trader.

This is the kind of stuff that should be explained by the trader, probably there is no explaination only revenge trading with a happy ending.
UEI is an intraday strategy while here we have 3 trades waiting a recovery for 2 weeks…

I am still keeping UEI in my portfolio but this doesn’t mean I havent noticed this or I approve, I prefer to stick to my ruleset with the mechanical exit rule (return <0 on 1y and 2y)

4 Likes

I looked at CP of the last 6 months and I did not like it (thats why I said “something changed last 6 months”). I have not looked at the trading journal but I think Cp paints a good picture fast. Maybe I should though cause I guess this is not too accurate.

Scores are lagging, if you want a compact portfolio of trusted darwins you have to look to raw data, mainly trading journal.

I keep UEI because I dont’ want to sell low but if it appeared on my filters today I would not buy it beacuse of trading journal.

I agree with your SELL because yours is a compact portfolio, with 30 darwins I can be more tolerant.

1 Like

Added some BSL on this dip. Its a short term play and I plan to add some more if it falls with stop losses in place.

edit: added some ERQ when someone selled. ERQ is a large % of portfolio now

3 Likes

Have sold BSL and bought some more ZXW

1 Like

Bought a small part of LSC.

2 Likes

sold PUZ and a little ERQ (FEQ,STV,OOA are maybe next - I’ ll see at the end of the month). results are meh in general so far (-2,6% this year) so I am thinking to downsize my portfolio in darwinex. its a cool idea and i love darwinex but i need to make $$ - not lose slightly

3 Likes

in those 9 days I have sold FEG and STV

portfolio consists of

2019-07-01%2019_17_16-Darwinex_%20Beyond%20Broking%20-%20The%20Independent%20Trader%20Exchange

(not equal weights)

from 1/12/2018 till 30/6/2019 total 0,71%. being in the black is refreshing

4 Likes

last few days I am following a trader that he is very good (crypto trading) - oh god I hope he decides to join our community. it would be perfect if we had a crypto strategy to diversify. not sure if that can be done but I threw the idea his way… :smiley:

4 Likes

@asder34 :
Perhaps a good point to specify (DARWINs based on cryptocurrencies) here :slight_smile: :

1 Like