CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. -- % of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.

A proposal for Darwinia

When I posted that suggestion Darwinex wasn’t allocating 80 darwins per month.
At the beginning they were allocating 20, then 40, then 60 and now 80 .
If you consider the “latest” filter 30-40 new darwins are created every week so it seems that Darwinex is attractive despite EX and despite equity rules.
As investor I want quality over quantity, I want darwins that last and do not give up.
I would prefer a longer allocation than a larger population of allocated darwins.

4 Likes

Darwinex, if you are looking for iron man or marathon man traders, don´t reward sprinters at Darwinia contest (even worst if they are only old sprinters with 10 EX).
Start doing things properly since the begining, make new rules as if Darwinia was a quarry of a football team, because Darwinia should be your future.

3 Likes

From the DarwinIA page:

DarwinIA is our monthly trading challenge, which distributes a maximum of €5,000,000 of Darwinex’s notional capital between the best 80 DARWINs of the month.

If this is the DarwinIA “mission statement”, then I would have to agree with @Forexintradiadarwin that Ex is too heavily weighted for DarwinIA scoring purposes, and it should be equalized between 10 Ex Darwins and 1 Ex Darwins, because looking over the last month, there may have been a Darwin with D-score 20 that performed a lot better than a Darwin with a D-score of 70.

I would suggest to set Ex = 0 on the first day of the “Regularity look-back period” and start counting from that day. You would still see an Ex difference between Darwins that made lots of trade decisions in the last 3 months vs Darwins that didn’t. This encourages/enables Darwin providers to be competitive in DarwinIA even with a track record as short as 3 months, while it would still be attractive for good traders with long track records to migrate from a different broker to Darwinex.

1 Like

What’s the point to allocate a “forward test” of 3 months.
People complain that Darwinia allocates lucky darwins, at least a long trackrecord is persistence+luck, that is better than just luck.

Darwinia has to foster persistence, if you foster short trackrecords we will have a ton of new useless darwins per week.

Darwinia is an automated investor and should work as an investor, holding the allocation for one year would be also inspiring for investors while investing short trackrecords is a mistake 99% of times.

1 Like

True, but a little encouragement along the way may make a big difference to retain the persistent traders from their beginnings. I don’t know… Maybe from my own point of view as a Low Ex Darwin provider that tries to do well, it feels worse to be ranked below Darwins just because they exist longer than mine, compared to being ranked below Darwins that actually performed better than mine over the last month. I’m entirely aware that that feeling will probably change once I get to 10 Ex though :smiley:

Besides, one lucky month only gives you allocations. After that, the trader is (or at least should be) motivated to keep doing well for 3 months in a row to actually get the first batch of fees associated with the allocation.

1 Like

EX 10 can be achieved in a few months’ trading if you have certain trading frequency level, so not that hard to get to it.

I can’t speak of Darwinia or other people, but only for myself who also has some fund investing here, I would definately think twice seeing short record darwins with less than 1.5 year of record no matter how fancy its equity curve is, and the ones with only a few trades done, and young (around one year) darwins are already having good chances being allocated big amount of prizes(as I have seen many occasions that Darwins that I will never invest myself get big allocations here).

In that sense, young darwins are already treated more than fairly here, look at the each month’s Darwinia ranking, would u invest even half of them yoruself as an investor?

6 Likes

True good and long term surviving stuff needs at least a year to review, so extend allocation to 1 year is good point.

1 Like

Discipline, persistence, patience, adaptability, mental toughness, etc…are qualities of every good trader, but I am sorry these don´t give traders neither investors any money.
What give everybody money is performance, profits…So, it is fine to applaud disciplined and persistent traders (but it is just something that every trader is supposed to have, like you assume a professional sportman is in good physical shape). But what you pursue are results, and performance…then reward performance. While you don´t understand this concept, you´ll fail in any field, that´s guaranted.
So, Darwinia can be a good environment to make good traders (if some changes are implemented), or Darwinex will have some persistent traders which eventually will get some prices, but will never get the achievements that are supposed to reach.
Only the time will say who was right (I know I am right because I have implemented these principles serveral times in my life).
And, don´t ge me wrong, all those qualities are vital to be a good trader, but those without the performance are nothing. I know many people having those qualities, but they never reach their dreams because they don´t focus on the objetive, they just fight and fight and fight without a direction…you get what you are focus at.

4 Likes

Trading is not a sport, in sport you have some luck but not the same degree of randomness of markets.
In trading and with markets in general short term performance is almost always luck, the only way to separate skill from luck is a big sample, many trades and many months.

1 Like

I totally disagree with that statements. I know you are wrong, and I know I can´t change you, but time probably will…(I hope it really happens for your well). Good trading Cavaliere, you have many qualities to be a good trader, just focus on the goals instead on the qualites (I am not being cocky, believe me. I´ve just passed through many battles, and I know the way better than many out there).

1 Like

I’d claim that at least the mindset of a pro athlete and a successful trader have to be very similar.

3 Likes

I disagree with changing darwinia without taking in account the Ex, and I support @CavaliereVerde.

And colleagues that meet me 2-3 years ago, know that I always understood the concept of significance that is included in this IA, though I had to wait almost 3 years to get the fully experience of the darwins.

Then I mean that my opinion has to be considered objective, and not trying to take advantage of the current position:

1. some are confussing older darwins with significant darwins (less than 12 dperiod implies no significance).

2. in darwinia it is not valued directly the Ex, it is valued the dscore.

3. in dscore weights a lot the performance… Without good results, there is not high performance, and no way to darwinia without a very good month

4. maintaining the monthly darwinia, without filtering for dscore, it would be a big lottery

I agree with proposals as increase the period of allocation to 1 year, reduce the weight of the monthly activity or increase the period of evaluation to 3M to reduce the possibilities of lucky monthly darwins.

It is not a question of ex, it is a question of dscore, and it is not new that darwinex lead to traders to improve the dscore with rebates and darwinia.

4 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Darwinia contest for cadets

Exact, Darwinia is for traders with 1-2 years of trackrecord that are robust but not so impressive for a crowd of noob investor looking for Grail returns.
With 3 or more years you can compete for real milliions and serious investors.

3 Likes

It has to be balanced, these are two different worlds.
Darwinia should be an impulse for the first 2-3 years of a darwin, however young darwins are disqualified because the Ex and DScore weight.
I see Darwinia like a school preparing future solid darwins, but this is not happening, and won’t happened with the current rules and reward system.
Darwinex needs both worlds, let’s see if they hear the voices of whom disagree with the current situation or keep agreeing with who like things the way they are…

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Is the ranking of strategies really consistent and fair

Payday for Darwinia.
https://www.darwinex.com/darwinia/hall-of-fame
Total performance fees from 2704k to 2732k .
28k is the bill to pay for Darwinex .
Used to be more than 40k in 2018 before equity multipliers.
Let’s wait and see the effect of the second spending review due to “Pivot Darwin”.

3 Likes

1 Like

Probably the real VAR of the darwin is lower than 6.5% like it is happening to my CVL , real VAR is 3.25% because of the variable VAR introduced on January.

BTW you are right ,
equity multipliers + variable var + lower var + lower fees = total kill of profits from Darwinia

5 Likes

3 Likes