CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 66 % of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.

AZG - Asgardian1

Congratulations @Asgardian1

Incredible year for AZG, you are the perfect example of a young Darwin which should be on top of Darwinia, and investors should put their money in. Low Exp, but still above 1100 trades, perfect consistency, very controlled loses, and leaving gains running. You should have a couple of millions invested, I hope you get it soon, your trading deserve it!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family!

3 Likes

Well done and keep it up.

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words!

Yes cutting losses short and allowing positive trades to run is the mainstay of the strategy.

Unfortunately, the low ex seems to overshadow everything else in the eyes of investors… Anyways there isn’t anything else I can do other than staying patient :slight_smile:

Merry Christmas and a splendid New year to you and your family too!

6 Likes

Just want to reiterate again that the best time to invest in this Darwin is just before market closes for the week… If that isn’t feasible, then at close of London session each day of the week. Investing midweek or mid large market moves doesn’t help anyone.

Just looking at my dashboard and I can see an investor that bought almost at the peak of the flash crash spike. This doesn’t help the both of us :neutral_face:. Even myself as the trader was fast asleep then.

As a mid-long term trend following strategy, retracements are bound to happen on the Darwin. Investment at the aforementioned times are optimal.

Thanks.

Happy new year!

3 Likes

We are at the mid-year point so it is time for an update.

AZG is at 14% so far this year. I guess I shouldn’t grumble much about this, taking into account the unfortunate January drawdown and the overall state of volatility but unhappy that we haven’t crossed the 20% threshold in H1 of the year as I’d normally expect.

I am sure the few investors that took advantage of the drawdown are happier than I am though!

That drawdown is a sad one because the flash crash was actually initially in favour of the darwin but the ensuing environment after the move was too toxic. As usual, lessons were learnt. A double digit losing month is something we don’t want to see again, especially when it wasn’t a direct hit from a big event that jumped stop loss or similar.

The journey to clear out the high printed by the spike took 5 months but we got there eventually. Pity we have slipped back under it though.

One major change to talk about going into H2 2019: no more open trades going into the weekend. Ideally, all trades will be closed 1 hour to market close for the week max. However, this may change if market conditions dictate so.

EX is still dragging of course due to the trading style but the D-score is coming along nicely. Now really curious to see what it will be when EX is full. Other main scores RS, RA, MC, LA and PF remain consistent.

Thanks to the investors trusting the darwin.

Now let’s see how the year ends. Still hoping to join the VERY few non-migrated darwins in the >2xx.xx group.

Got questions? The rest of my posts on this thread should cover most of the questions but I am always around in case anyone’s got anything else to ask.

2 Likes

good time to get in?

1 Like

Yeah… It is the start of a new month. Also been a bit of a pullback.

1 Like