Hello there, i want to introduce my Darwin BAD to you.
February 2018 fastest recovering ever let's hope for a longer run this time!
January 2018 Drawdown (-16,66%) - sad, but this can happen
December 2017 DarwinIA Winner!! (300.000€), Dscore first time 70+
October 2017 Dscore 60+, new alltime high, Good Scores Filter
September 2017 DScore 50+, first DarwinIA Allocation (40.000€)
June 2017 new alltime high, On Fire and Promisig Filter
May 2017 new VPS with more performance and higher security (Win Server 2016, 4 Cores, SSD)
May 2017 XAUUSD strategy reworked - more trades, risk adjustment, longer trades
April 2017 creation of the Darwin BAD
- It is 99% Automated Trading, but in rare cases i might intervene.
- close to 3 years experience with live EA's
More then 50.000€ are currently live with the EA with ~ VaR 40% (see myfxbook for "partial" proof)
- I use OHLC 1min data to optimize the most things, real tick data for details/final tests
- all Indicators use closed/finished bars to avoid difference of EA behavior in backtest / different brokers.
- i always check parameters in forward tests / they must improve result in history e.g. 2009-2014, but also from 2015 till now
Based on intraday seasonals
EURUSD (1 - 2 trades/day)
XAUUSD (0 - 2 trades/day)
... i am testing some more pairs at the moment, some look promising (GBPUSD, USDCAD, USDJPY)
One thing you will notice is the high Dc score which is the result of strict time based trading.
Why this Darwin?
- big potential, the Darwin is very volatile 20%+ months are possible
zero market correlation
- there are nice winnig streaks if the market is "synchronous" with my trading times
- together with an old version of the EA (1500% performance, ~VaR 40%) even with big mistakes/bugs
in history (reason why i dont have a long usable track record)
- i am very confident that it will continue to work!
- nearly no correlations to other Darwins, very unique system
- backtest of recent history is nearly 100% like the real trades
100% stable Risk! Lot size is calculated by equity!
- within a Portfolio the Darwin should generate Rebates of 2-3% per annum, this is above average.
- so far the there is a positive divergence
To Do List
- adding more strategies, for a better diversification (goals: minimize DD's & increasing capacity)
- Portfolio Backtests - if this is done i will give you backtest results
- trying to gain your trust, with growing experience
Recommended Trading Styles
BUY&HOLD but please try to buy cheap, if you are keen you can trade the Darwin equity.
The strategy will allways have regular DD's so you can find new entries.
For long term investment, be prepared for DD's of about 15-20% and up to a few month duration in worst case. I don't think it will ever have a "black swan" DD. But of course there is always a chance.
TRADING THE DARWIN If you are little more keen you can try to trade my Darwin, similar to DWC, buying cheap + averaging down. I am pretty confident that after any Drawdown there will be a recover, maybe it will take some time, maybe not right away a new high, but there will be some movement back up! Everything else is close to impossible by statistic.
The strategies are a kind of statistical arbitrage, even if i would loose my "edge" the darwin should just loose slowly in general.
Right know you could put a line trough the graph, it seems that the strategy is oscillating aroung this line. (But still there is room for "jumping" one step higher/break out of this pattern, by the design of the system)
Feel free to ask questions, i will try to answer them.
One of my Live Accounts running with the same EA at ~ 40% VaR: