CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 66 % of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.

Barclays Bank to Banco Sabadell!

My turn to apologize for my sometimes excessive remarks.

In fact a few hours before learning the bank change, I had just written an article on my forum saying that since Darwinex’s bank was Barclays, the Darwinex Wallet was more reliable than most personal bank accounts of customers. I must have felt betrayed and reacted excessively.

It must be said that yesterday morning Darwinex was a pure agency broker with Barclays Bank, and 24 hours later, it is a broker-dealer with a less prestigious bank.

Two of my flagship arguments for promoting Darwinex on various forums, including mine, have disappeared.

We will have to re-motivate ourselves, digest the changes, and get back to work.

7 Likes

@Medialux can you please explain whats the differences between a “pure agency broker” and a “broker-dealer”? I am unfamiliar with those terms. Thank you

2 Likes

i think better open a new thread because it looks like is going to get long

1 Like

Once upon a time, clients were complaining about “too much promises”
Now, we enter an era of “too many deliveries / can’t stand the heat” :laughing:

The surprise releases at that accelerated pace are quite cheerful, despite when the communication is fully delivered at a second stage.

5 Likes

There is definitely room for improvement in terms of communication, that is for sure.

We are on it!

4 Likes

If we move towards a choice of several banks, even if it may seem a bit challenging, Saxo Bank would be a logical option.

Since in fact as Prime Broker, Saxo is the bank of Darwinex, it would have an industrial sense. I admit that making a transfer to Saxo Bank Zurich, would not frighten me at all.

By cons, I do not know if Saxo offers this type of service.

3 Likes

Thank you!

Let me circulate this feedback internally and I will keep you posted.

1 Like

@ignacio Could you please answer this? I guess you might have missed it. Thanks!

2 Likes

Although I would like, just to to not be unpolite, I won´t comment on this…

2 Likes

[quote=“Medialux, post:44, topic:3700”]
My turn to apologize for my sometimes excessive remarks.[/quote]
I am the first to protest when some are reducing Switzerland’s economy to banks, watches and chocolates. So mea culpa!

5 Likes

You forgot the famous holes in their cheese :joy:

4 Likes

Sorry I missed that bit! I don’t have the numbers myself but I will run this past my colleagues at the Payments Team. Apologies for my belated response!

3 Likes

@ignacio No worries!

Please let us know when you have the chance to talk to Payments

2 Likes

Moving GBP accounts now https://blog.darwinex.com/change-bank-account-details-gbp-deposits/

Are GBP deposits also going to be held now at Sabadell? or is a different bank? Is not specified on the blog post.

2 Likes

@ignacio Could you talk to Payments team about this already? @miguelrDarwinex

2 Likes

Hi @SayCanYouRun,

Thanks for the reminder, I sent them a reminder. They are pretty swamped with the new processes and applications lately.

Best,
Ignacio

My colleagues confirm the costs remain the same for deposits and withdrawals, nothing has changed in this regard.

We will keep you posted should there be any changes!

2 Likes

@ignacio Thanks for confirming.

Shouldn’t cost be higher or lower since it’s a different bank as the fees must be different? I understand you just pass the real costs with no profits going to Darwinex, according to the payment methods page.

1 Like

@SayCanYouRun the costs we are charged on withdrawals have increased, so we maintain the former costs and bear the additional costs so our customers are not affected.

I can see you seem to be highly interested in this topic, please feel free to email me should you have specific questions on deposits or withdrawals anytime!

2 Likes