CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 66 % of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.

Cesco on it :) my Live Portfolio

Thank you a lot @VolcanoFX

2 Likes

impressive, what are you allocations like? equal amount on each or weighted?

2 Likes

Investment type: buy and hold
Same amount invested on each darwin
Leverage 2x

5 Likes

Very impressive Cesco @forexelate , congratulations. Not only for the results, but above all, because there’s clearly a process and deep analysis of the asset class. Reading this thread is (part of) a dream coming true.

6 Likes

Thank you a lot Juan, yes finally things are going in the right direction, and D-Score has become a very powerful tool.
We must thank you for the constant evolution of Darwinex.

4 Likes

Please let me thank YOU, for embracing and proving the asset class. I’ll extend your gratitude to the rest of the team, all I do is put a voice to the team. Best wishes

5 Likes

Do you have any specific entry rules? Like “less than 5% win” on last 3 months like cavaliere? If you were to create now your portfolio would you buy all the 13 darwins or wait for a DD on some?

Good work by the way - keep it up!

2 Likes

No specific entry rule, I don’t wait for a drawdown, I just avoid investing 100% of capital when a darwin is making new highs, simply because in most cases we notice a little “physiological” retracement.

Unfortunately, investing in a drawdown does not guarantee that you will recover the losses made by darwin.

IMHO I consider more important to have a balanced portfolio than focusing on a single darwin/strategy/trader, avoiding the common trading-bias that prompts you to invest more money on a losing fund than on a winning one.

4 Likes

September was a difficult month for the portfolio that I thought it was more diversified.
I will consider more the DScore parameter, not only to invest but to limit investment too.
In this difficult moment, I still have an average DScore ~ 70
So I have a positive outlook for the next months.

1. FEG
2. GTD
3. KVL
4. LSC
5. LVS
6. NTI
7. PFD
8. PFH
9. PFI
10. PFZ
11. STV
12. VRT

Rendimenti mensili:

• Gen: +1,71%
  • Feb: +8,53%
  • Mar: +2,45%
  • Apr: +1,68%
  • Mag: -0,05%
  • Jun: +2,48%
  • Jul: -1,96%
  • Aug: +5,97%
  • Sep: -7,62%

4 Likes

Hey @forexelate, congratulations for your profitable portfolio! Well done!

I’ve been using Darwinex for a bit over than a year, but I have not managed to get positive results. I also suffered a hit this last month, and I’m currently at -0,66% :frowning:

I’m waiting for Darwinex to roll out the Portfolio Managers feature that we have been talking about lately.

In the meanwhile, do you think if I replicate your portfolio I’ll be able to achieve results similar to yours? Do you change Darwins only once a month when you post your month results? Or is there intra-month buying and selling?

Cheers!

Hi,
in my opinion is a good period to invest, but it’s only my opinion and this post is only for “educational purposes”.
I mean that other investors can read my actual portfolio and make their own analysis, as well as I can read other members portfolios published on this forum and discover new interesting darwins.

I can’t guarantee any performance, nor guarantee that you will be able to tolerate the stagnation/drawdown for long period without knowing why you are investing in those darwins on my list.

5 Likes

Thanks for your reply!

Insisting on some questions you did not address so clearly: Do you change Darwins only once a month when you post your month results? Or is there intra-month buying and selling?

1 Like

Buy and hold, no “intra-month trading”

5 Likes
  1. FEG
  2. GTD
  3. KVL
  4. LSC
  5. LVS
  6. NTI
  7. PFD
  8. PFH
  9. PFI
  10. PFZ
  11. SCS*
  12. STV
  13. SYO*
  14. VRT

In the meanwhile, I’m working on new darwins with different signals and timing that will increase the diversification (but they are too new and I need more time for live tests).

Montly returns:
Gen: +1,71%
Feb: +8,53%
Mar: +2,45%
Apr: +1,68%
Mag: -0,05%
Jun: +2,48%
Jul: -1,96%
Aug: +5,97%
Sep: -7,62%
Oct: -5,65%

Average DScore > 70, drawdown has been managed, we still have a profit YTD higher than SPX500 (could be a good tool if we can add to correlation-chart instrument like SPX500, to have a benchmark outside darwinex).

Hope that this drawdown phase, which involved all the trend-follow-systems I’m investing on, is finished.
Can’t guarantee it, but I hope so :+1:

6 Likes

Sounds good ! Keep it up ! :muscle:

We’ll see … :slight_smile:

3 Likes

does you portfolio beat sp500 after performance fees?

SPX is performing less than 2% YTD
I’m performing more than 7% YTD
So, absolutely yes :slight_smile:

My portfolio was not considering DScore until september, this drawdown has been useful to test and optimize darwins, now it should be better.

5 Likes

I noticed you have an asterisk on SCS and SYO. May I ask why is that? Also, one or two months ago you removed BDR but have kept LVS till now. Seeing that LVS has 55 Dscore at the moment do you have a dscore exit rule that you introduced lately? Is maybe your plan to keep Dscore>70 on average?

Thank you for the time

4 Likes

SCS and SYO are new entries in my portfolio.

Yes, LVS has a low DScore after October, if he does not recover I will have to remove it, but I can wait. He trades for many years, there is no evident problem with divergence, so it’s very likely that he will recover.

I think that with an average DScore over 70 I can manage long drawdown as an investor, trusting in trader and confirmed by darwinex scores, probably is possible to make a profit also with a lower DScore.

7 Likes

In the meanwhile, another year has passed.

What I have learned from these last 6 months? Many things, for example, I was too much invested on trend following systems, and without a proper diversification, we can suffer heavy losses that ruined the previous excellent months. OK, also many other famous funds had a YTD performance like mine or even worse (CTA index, barclay hedge fund indices, and so on), but we can always learn something and try to do our best again.

Firstly I checked my system, then discuss with my team, the problem is that to be profitable we need to know exactly what our system is doing and what is the market behavior. Definitely, the market behavior of the past 4 months was for mean-reverting strategies like PFQ or KVL, but we were exposed too much on trend-follow ones.

What I can say in detail:

• PFI Trend Follow
  • PFD Trend Follow
  • PFJ Trend Follow
  • LSC Trend Follow
  • KVL Mean Reversion
  • CVL Mean Reversion
  • PFQ Mean Reversion

I will invest the biggest part of my capital in these darwins, because they are mine and CavaliereVerde ones, and I know exactly how they work despite Darwinex scores, that are useful to check darwins “health”, but knowing the strategies, I am more confident that the portfolio will be more diversified in the long run. Different strategies with different timing, entry point, and exit method.

For the other darwins in my portfolio, I consider them very reliable, considering the period they have been able to face.

5 Likes