CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 64 % of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.

CIS - profithunterpro

Maybe so, but bear in mind this stat. can be misleading if the trader varies their position sizes a lot.

6 Likes

Well, you are completely right…
Yesterday I wanted to improve the LA attribute a bit, and instead of closing a not bad profit, I decided to wait for more. As a result, minus today.
It is better not to pay attention to them at all. Like some analysts here… Haha

3 Likes

Forget the freaking atributes…keep focus in your trading ONLY.

2 Likes

A single trade will not change your attribute value significantly. The La attribute can help to identify grid or martingale traders. If you’re a grid trader, tell your investors how to make money with your strategy. Can’t be buy and hold.
If you are an algo trader, you don’t have a chance to change any attribute without changing the algo. That means your backtests and your track record are worth nothing anymore. What’s worth more? Track record or a single attribute?

4 Likes

This was exact my thought as well.
Just do your thing and do not become a moderator of the forum.
Good Trades!

2 Likes

I think PHE operates in a very similar way - he is manual trading since Jan 19 - with a better LA and RS and great results - not that this would sway me one way or the other - I really couldn’t choose between these two other than CIS has the smoother equity curve this year…

2 Likes

Thank you for bringing this up - I like SKI and his other Darwins a lot.

3 Likes

Hi there!
Weekly report is ready:

Good weekend for everyone!

1 Like

Is SKI a freaking genious or is it just touched by the gods? What a way to trade…

3 Likes

Yeah - I would like to invest more into him in the next month. Will need to reallocate my funds anyways. But: I am very happy with CIS as well and will stay invested.

3 Likes

Why CIS is only trading GBPUSD? Is such trading system not compatible for other pairs?

I just don’t want to spray concentration. It is better to qualitatively analyze one currency pair than somehow, but many pairs. Less information noise - less stress. Less stress - better trading.

5 Likes

Hi all!
As usual, weekly report here:

Thank you for your trust who join me!

FSK value has just dived ( for a second time this year) with an almost perfect LA score, whereas CIS continues to churn out amazing monthly results with a decreasing LA score - what is going on with Darwinex metrics??

2 Likes

Click on D-Score at FSK, active LA checkbox then you will see that the LA attribute wasn’t always perfect and now starts diving, too. FSK is hiding its real money movements in XPDUSD by tons of small trades in currency pairs and the LA algo is trapped with it.

2 Likes

Loss Aversion means the trader hangs onto losing trades, yet if you drill down through the last three months individual trades the opposite is true - he clearly takes losses and has a cut off between 1 and 1.5% in most cases - no dangerous marti, grid, long holds (average duration 9 hours) etc and yet the LA has dropped from 8 in 2018 to 2 a year and nearly +100% account growth later!

1 Like

OK I think I have got to the bottom of it - if you drill down through the average winning and losing trade pip value the CIS winners have become progressively smaller in pip value and losers increasing in pip value; which presumably means CIS having to work harder to generate the same profit or take more risk… whereas if you look at HFD for example, with a ‘perfect’ LA value the winning pip average over 2 years has actually increased and average pip loss remained almost the same. So I am assuming that to produce a 1% winner CIS is having to take more risk if the average winning pip value is decreasing…?

2 Likes

Just to qualify above CIS has also increased his win rate from 67% to 77% over the last year so still not convinced that the low LA is significant …

1 Like

As far as I understand it, LA measures not the closed trades, but the volatility of each trade by relating max. profit in a good minute vs. max. loss in DD, both without closing the trade.

2 Likes

OK well then it is even more confusing, as the average positve incursion % to negative incursion % per trade ratio has remained almost the same over the duration of the system; in fact even improving more recently…

1 Like