CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 66 % of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.

{DARWIN API} Backtesting tool by naturalcapital

Ok, Filter based and rule based are two different approaches, but could be complementary.
So a solution may be to split them in two different tabs.

1 Like

yeah that’s what I meant :slight_smile:

1 Like

For rules we already have the other backtester by @yhlasx .

1 Like

Thank you @CavalireVerde for your …errr sense of leadership ! :partying_face: that clean separated thread is well appreciated. Collecting it now for the Unofficial DEPOT - known Darwinex stamped projects ! (it was the missing element)

Auto-shameless plug since there is no magnet bearing towards the depot :wink: “sticky” welcomed ! :switzerland::moneybag::switzerland:

It was requested by @naturalcapital :smiley:

1 Like

Btw, I think @naturalcapital really named it “Portofolio simulator”, from another post

You guys should pay more attention to the branding of your babies. I’ll call it Clarissa due to not receiving any clear directions :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@yhlasx found “The thing” …to be remembered!
Still got free spots : “The beasty daemon”, “Gizmo-wookie”, etc

1 Like

He can rename the topic as he prefers .
“backtesting tool” is the definition of the official tool we have on the main site.
These are alternative tools to gather different infos…

1 Like

:sweat_smile:

7 Likes

4 Likes

Tadaaaa !

4 Likes

Hm, maybe you both are looking at SCS? Those drawdown charts look like there are too few darwins in there

3 Likes

Native history filter ?

1 Like

Hm, I don’t think it is possible to do that at the moment

1 Like

This is not a predefined info recived throught the API, but migration dates are, and I can assume that a migration date of 0 equals to native darwin. So YES, a native history filter could be useful and will be added.

A question. Do you think that makes sense to use history before Darwinex’s validation?
Maybe it could be selected by the user, but at this moment i am preparing the code for directly exclude it.

5 Likes

After the most recent findings I would say NO :smile_cat:

5 Likes

App updated.

Now only history after Darwinex’s validation is used, amazing how it changes @CavaliereVerde.

When weekly and monthly rebalances are selected, now the last day of each period is used, not the 5 or 20 day’s mean, with the purpose of getting the same result if Darwinex’s filters are used.

The -performance fees curve has been temporarly removed, waiting for better calcs. in next updates.

I’ve been working with de num. of invested darwins plot, but I’m in trouble with both, the calcs and the shiny interface. When no filters are performed, or very low scores are selected, I get some 0s that spoil all. Keep it in mind if you see heavy changes in volatility, it is a bug.

Have a nice week guys
Soon more :muscle:

5 Likes

Yeah, unfortunately reactive paradigm of shiny isn’t very conductive to flexibility :frowning: Quite different from normal programming. I was perpetually bloody confused when I was writing stuff witht that. Keep up the good work! :thumbsup:

2 Likes

Congratulations @naturalcapital :slight_smile: :

6 Likes

New update here!

Calcs are now perfect :ok_hand: I trust them.
Your plot is now interactive, and the num. invested darwins is displayed.

Some insights:

• Darwinex community of traders is very young.
  • This is a jungle, death is wherever you look.
  • High Capacity + Low Market Correlation is now just starting to give interesting performances.
  • Investing in darwins is not for everybody.
  • Darwinex scores do matter and are useful.

PD: I am thinking to borrow your feedback images, put them in the top of the page and use them as startling “contribute buttons”

PD2: Where are the Keep calm and trade safe T-Shirts? Summer is coming here

10 Likes

:+1: Gals & guys gathering

1. Join team A

1. Join team B

6 Likes