CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 66 % of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.

Darwins performing less well this year - any thoughts on why?

Hi all,

I’m revisiting Darwinex with a view to investing in some Darwins and on looking through track records of individual Darwins I’m noticing a distinct pattern of poorer performance from July 18 onward and particularly 2019…with many that were consistently profitable over preceding years showing negative for this YTD, could I ask the community for their thoughts on why this might be? Thanks!

1 Like

what do you see?

1 Like

I see invalid symbol in the left upper corner.

@wezzley
Please name the ‚many‘

I see a weekly chart for the Dollar Currency Index and since July 18 its risen slowly. I’m not making the connection I think you are hoping I will make though…could you help me out?! Thanks!

1 Like

Hi, yes certainly.

THA
JMC
QUA
VTJ
STG
FEV
ATL
NTI

The reason I noticed this pattern is that they are all from a list of 12 Darwins that a poster on another forum had shortlisted in July 2018.

JMC:The principles of our trading strategy is to follow momentum, trends and volatility in the market. UPDATE: Only trading EURUSD.

1 Like

It is quite clear that is dollar index.
It could be also eurusd, even more clear plotting ATR.
Almost every strategy requires volatility to work, without volatility there is too much noise and fake signals.

2 Likes

thanks, I understand now :slight_smile:

thanks, for the info, I understand now :slight_smile: