Dear @pecuniafactorem - Firstly, sorry that I’ve been so absent from the forum lately. I have every intention of dropping by on a weekly basis - hope I can build the habit.
Secondly, there’s a few points that can help here:
- The concept of D-Leverage ->
- The D-Leverage plot available for every DARWIN, including [HFD] on the “underlying strategy” tab
- The Underlying Strategy tab is zoomable - and I’ve gone ahead and taken a snapshot
On the point of “martin-galesque” there’s no need to hypothesise - the whole thing is plotted on the second curve. On first sight, I haven’t seen behaviour different from previous instances.
Thirdly, on the point that I recommended HFD. This is an area on which I personally have to thread very carefully. I’m engaging in direct conversation with you guys on the forum because I think it’s the right thing to do, and I have every intention to continue prioritising this over other items. But I’m a human being like you guys, and I make mistakes all the time
Konstantin hasn’t promised any returns to anyone, and every investor in HFD has all the above statistics to inform them + Konstantin does his best in providing disclosure on the different threads. Whether or not our (Darwinex’s) or his (Konstantin’s) is good enough is in the eye of the beholder. There’s MANY things we need to improve, and every constructive feedback is taken very seriously.
There are limiting factors here:
- Darwinex has provided the same disclosure before and after the drawdown. The D-Leverage plot was there for everyone to see, and so was the Rs grade.
- Konstantin didn’t encourage to lever up from 10% - we’re called Darwin Exchange (as opposed to e.g. Winnie The Pooh-Nex) because we do our best in providing disclosure and curation (risk-management), and thereafter it’s survival of the fittest on both the manager and the investor side.
On that note, if you ever feel that I personally endorse HFD in my current capacity as company CEO, please call me out immediately, because I shouldn’t. Our Exchange Ethos is incompatible with our publicly endorsing any provider - be they tall / short / profitable / unprofitable etc. We have to respect absolute neutrality.
Having said that, I am a person and a user of our product, and all I can say from that standpoint (that of a fellow long time user of the service) is that I personally haven’t sold my HFD investment. I look forward to receiving your thoughts on the above, and will do my best to clarify any misunderstandings.
Thanks for engaging with us either way!