CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 66 % of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.

DWEX the dynamic index made by Darwinex

Since June 2018 we are investing 4 million after calibrating the new D-Score. It is important to share that the aim of DarwinexLabs is to make money, but with the biggest possible number of DARWINS in the portfolio.
You can get much better results with less DARWINS.
The backtest takes into account:

• Performance fees
  • Divergence (using past data)
  • Diversification rebates

DARWINS are chosen only since validation date, this is the reason why the backtest starts in April 2017 (Darwinex reloaded).
If anyone is invested by DarwinexLabs he will see it in his performance fees section.

From YTD DarwinexLabs has achieved 6% return, but with another algorithm and worse D-Score data.
I don’t think anyone else has achieved what Darwinex is doing. We expect to increase the investment if real returns are similar to this backtest.

Please, I am sharing this, but don’t expect more clarifications. Let the time tell if we succeed or not.

18 Likes

Is this gonna be available for investors any time soon? Also, is the new D-score the only criteria you choose which darwins to include in this DWEX ?

2 Likes

@asder34

:wink:
Having said that I dont’ think DScore is the only paramter/rule for the strategy.
By the way for me the comment by @javicolonbo is worth more than ten podcasts.
The important thing is results.
When you have results only sky is the limit.

5 Likes

On 31st of January 2018 I started a similar project: My actively managed “DARWIN fund”. I think it would be a great invention if “DARWIN managers” could be copied the same way as it applies for regular DARWINs. Here’s my performance:

@javicolonbo do you think that “DARWIN funds” like mine or “DarwinexLabs” can become available for investors? I’m absolutely sure that this would be revolutionary for all guys here :-)!

4 Likes

I dont know if thats a good or bad idea to be honest I need to think about it. What I do know is that
managing/trying to create a portfolio of darwins is almost a full time job. Personally I started using the platform 1 year ago cause the idea that darwinex is based upon seemed revolutionary but I have come to understand that understanding this idea and getting results is a whole different thing.

I would not have guessed that getting results/profits from good traders is maybe more difficult than being a good trader :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think the real problem is the following:
There are hundreds of million trading accounts out there. Thus there’ll ALWAYS exist a lot of great performances even over a longer time period thanks to coincidence. And there’ll of course also be some impressive performances due to really profitable and robust strategies. But how can an average investor distinguish between the lucky monkeys and the real pros? I think it is impossible. For a professional evaluation you must either be a pro yourself or have a deep understanding of statistics and know how the trading industry really works. So an average investor must find a professional asset manager (DARWIN fund manager?) who can be trusted and really knows what he’s doing. Of course the latter must be proven by track records and publications etc.
I’m ready to accept this challenge :-)!

5 Likes

hi @asder34, @BenHardy, @CavaliereVerde
Darwinex should take steps in that direction…, with preoccupation of aligning each investor with traders / systems that are more likely to archive their goals… not easy but needed…
social trading is normally not align with mid/long traders, that normally “know” better what they are doing… your post remembers me what i read some years ago. and it is the reality long time ago… and it will be ever…

OldSchool

2 Likes

I don’t think you have to be a pro to make money investing darwins but it is not so easy as it could seem.
If you are a trader you make money, to make money as investor you need traders.
Without quality material you cannot make money even if you are an expert.
When I arrived on Darwinex 3 years ago there were maybe 5 darwins with a DScore over 70.
Now we have ~100 .
This means that while trading is as difficult as 3 years ago, investing is much more easy today…
Social trading sites are brokers, they have to make money, when there were no traders around they sold scammers.
I am not an expert of Zulu but today eToro is completely different than 6 years ago when I started there, I think only the name is the same.

1 Like

I am also using etoro (about a year or so) and to be honest I dont think there are many guys worth copying there. That was the case when I started with etoro as well. I am not following new etoro traders that closely but from what I can tell most investors are going for the 100% yearly and… getting busted

3 Likes

As long as you have wrong expectations like annual 100% you can only lose money, here, on etoro, everywhere…
Quality is much higher here than on eToro but now also there you can find traders (really stockpickers) that are beating the market from 3 years or more, tipically with 20% annual.

2 Likes

Yeah thats true but I am still amazed that almost every investor flocks to those 100% guys they bust and repeat it again…

Etoro I use it for stocks as well and apart from my own selection I copy only one guy at the moment Trex8u247, if you have any other suggestions to take a look at I am all ears.

2 Likes

https://www.etoro.com/people/cavaliereverde/portfolio
I think you are right!
:joy::joy::joy::joy:
but now I think it is enough with eToro… :wink:

1 Like

Alexplesk???:open_mouth: :astonished::joy:

ok enough with etoro - you are right

2 Likes

this makes me remember very fine days when i start (and many companies start at that time) with “social trade” IBFX fantastic broker , where i have manage very interesting investors ( from USA) , good good times… a very “similar” broker with Darwinex today, fantastic people and miss them…

https://www.forexbrokerz.com/news/ibfx-connect-forex-network
but my 5c for who believe my experience can have any interest… investors should have clear goals on investing, in performance, risk and special what is the time needed to get to it, Darwinex should help them to match those investors needs with traders that better can archive that goals… for example a investor with goal of archive 100% / year ( and of course accept risk to get it…) should not invest in my darwin because my trading style is completely inappropriate for that goal…
OldSchool

1 Like

I absolutely agree. I’m more an investor than a trader. I have a 10 Darwins $10,000 Demo portfolio, waiting to check if the combined curve of all of them goes more or less smooth (portfolio backtest would make this a lot faster and easier…). Then I’ll go real and I’ll throw a couple more zeroes to it without hesitation. Darwinex is a great tool to diversify from stock market, but I’d like to avoid “random ups and downs” in the performance, like someone called it.

1 Like

A “DARWINs backtest feature” would be nice but can’t help you to evaluate if the selected DARWINs have a high chance to stay profitable in future. The problem is - as mentioned above - that everybody can choose some DRAWINs that show a good performance till the moment when being selected for any portfolio. So when backtesting such a “strategies mix” the growth curve MUST be good in 100 % of any attempt. So in order to decide if a DARWIN has a big potential of being profitable in the long run you must either be an absolutely “pro trader” yourself and/or have a very deep understanding of statistics (see my last comment). Thus active “DARWIN managers” who can be “copied” could be a solution.
But said backtest nevertheless would help to visualize the correlation of the combined DARWINs. A high correlation would result in high volatility of the equity curve whereas a low correlation would cause a smooth graph…

1 Like

Hopefully with the API will be possible to copy the Darwin managers :slight_smile:

1 Like

@javicolonbo

Is @investingrobot managed by Darwinex ?

Hello,
What are the results of dwex in september and october? Did you managed to make it profitable these 2 months? I would be surprised if that happened as most of high dscore darwins are suffering important drawdowns.
An update would be interesting to see.

Regards!

Gaztea

2 Likes

Can we have the updeted result for 2018 ?
@javicolonbo @DarwinexLabs @integracore2

Thanx in advance! :wink:

6 Likes