CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. -- % of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.

EA Robot on Demo account trading but not Live!?

Hi
I have a challenge when experimenting with a EA robot. It works fine on a demo account bot not taking any trades on a Live account. The settings are obviously the same. Anybody experiencing the same?
Thanks for any help

Jan

1 Like

Is the autotrading switch green or red flagged? grafik

Flag must be also set in the Options -> Experts
grafik

The experts option must allow live trading
grafik

When you setup an EA the first time on a new MT4 terminal, you usually have to check and set all 3 options.

It would be nice if you leave a note if it is solved.

2 Likes

Hi
Thank you for responding… All settings are equal as I mentioned. One is trading, one is not…

1 Like

Did you check the tabs for Journal and the Experts messages?

The symbols to trade are available in live server?
There are some only available on demo, others are currently blocked.

Usually there is a message in Journal or Experts with a hint if trading is not possible.

4 Likes

Hi @JanBoe,

Could you please double check if you are using the “master password” in your live account (we have had cases like this where users were logging in with their “investor password”).

If the problem persists, please do email us at info@darwinex.com with your live account number and MT4 logs so we can review your case in detail.

Thanks,
Ignacio

PS: Thanks, @IlIlIlIlI for your kind assistance, much appreciated.

2 Likes

Also… are you sure? I think when you change accounts the trading can turn itself off… so you need to double check what @IlIlIlIlI says AFTER you change accounts. Can you confirm that you did that?

2 Likes