CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. -- % of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.

EURCAD. Trading idea

Double top.

2 Likes

Personally I would say that position would be selling support and placing your stop at resistance. Its filled a previous gap and got 3 levels of support where it currently is. I’d want to see a move below support before entering a short.

Alternatively I’d look for this personally. Also gives a 4.3R to your first TP level.

3 Likes

Perhaps …
I just look at the typical patterns that on a long history give a positive mathematical expectation. But I always put a stop-loss where there is a “breakage” of this pattern.

2 Likes

And that is exactly why I love this business. Its entirely subjective and everyone has different ideas and reads on the markets :smile:

2 Likes

@TraderTom
This the reason why I prefer to discuss about systems and not about markets.
:smiley:
It is like staring cluods, everyone sees what he wants.
Movements are 98% random.
To understand if a method has worth you need 200 trades.
Even if you know a pattern with a positive expectation the SL placing or trade management can change completely the outcome.
Profitability depends on the complete ruleset, enter + exit.

4 Likes

100% agree with that :smile:

1 Like

BTW I like $EEE , @Sergey5 knows what is doing . :+1:

3 Likes

Thanks for the kind words. :innocent:
But on a “public” account “EEE” only fully automated robots trade. Manual transactions (like this one with EuroCad) I have on another account.

I absolutely know that the human psyche is weaker than the robot’s algorithms. And no matter how smart and lucky a person is, he will still make “extra” mistakes. Therefore, the “public” account is managed only by fully automatic systems. Now about them I will not tell. When the “public” account will be used for 1 year - then I will tell about them in detail.

1 Like

I have a very similar scenario (which means nothing :grinning:)

3 Likes

If anyone has decided to trade this pair and is reading this thread remember the election this weekend German General Election

If you are holding a Euro pair over the weekend make sure you know the risk associated with it.

3 Likes

Just an update on this original post. IMO now it is at a level where its a potential to short. Its now a ‘cheap’ trade, ie you can keep your stop pretty close as you know very quickly when you are wrong. Obviously just my opinion but I like the way it followed the pattern back up.

6 Likes

I’m head over heels with the idea of that happening…how much room up are you looking at mate? A retest of today’s high with some consolidation/ranging could shows signs of developing resistance. Let’s see how it plays out…

1 Like

Now you have to be more careful. Today - a bet from the CB of Canada and a press conference…Tomorrow is the ECB’s bet and Draghi’s speech. The market expects that Draghi will reduce the program of “quantitative easing” by 2-3 times. From 60 to 20-30 billion a month.

1 Like

@Iceberg12 @Sergey5 Just the clarify, I’m not currently short and I’m not recommending it yet, it definitely need a catalyst to confirm that it is a valid short. This is just the area where I would start looking for a short :slight_smile:

5 Likes

…yeah, we can disregard this for now :joy: (Anyone thats seen the chart will know why!). Glad I waited for a catalyst. Perfect example of needing a conformation rather than just entering because it followed the first half of the pattern.

5 Likes

13 months of trackrecord :wink: waiting a topic about EEE

4 Likes

Ok, I’ll do it… Next week.

3 Likes