CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 64 % of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.

HGF- HolygrailGuru

G’day all you wonderful folks within the Darwinex community! My name is Linda (aka Linzaroo on various forums) and I am a successful professional forex trader. I’ve been so now for nearly 6 years. My expertise encompasses currency correlation, currency movement and behaviour, position sizing, money management as well as basket trading principles. Perhaps some of you might be familiar with my work with Sine Wave Negative Correlation methodology. If not, it doesn’t matter anyway because the current underlying strategy behind my Darwin HGF has nothing whatsoever to do with Sine Wave. It is, however, a basket trading strategy like Sine Wave and is meticulously configured as to how each currency pair within the basket moves by its daily average but, that’s where the similarities end.

I actually started the HGF Darwin late last year here on Darwinex, using Sine Wave as the underlying strategy. It was necessary for me to cease trading on here though because at that time one of the most important currency pairs that made up my basket (USDTRY) was no longer being supported by Darwinex. I had to begrudgingly stop trading on this platform.

I am back now and BETTER than ever! Quite often, doing the same ol’ thing all the time are the “chains” that restrict forex traders from being even better than they could have ever possibly imagined! Sometimes, all it takes is a bit of tweaking things to make the perfect fit. Well, that’s exactly what I have done and what I have discovered is nothing short of AMAZING! I cannot stress that enough. If you have a look at the statistical graph for my Darwin HGF you will see the up and down movement of my previous Sine Wave carry trading type strategy, which I employed last year, to the far left. From now on, compare it to my new (nameless) strategy that I have employed here for just over a week now, to the far right.

Now, is it THE Holy Grail? Well, surely there isn’t a strategy that never loses but, this one is pretty darned close! Unfortunately, it’s impossible to back test properly because the key indicators that I employ to determine the direction markets are likely to go, all repaint. It’s only effective using real time data. In saying that though, I have been trading it for over a month now with only two losses! Remember it’s a daily basket trading strategy so I configure my signals and position sizes (using STRICT money management) and then enter trades just after the New York markets close. All trades are closed together that same day before the New York market closes again. Almost always in profit.

I urge you all to at least copy my HGF in demo and tell me what you think. I assure you…you’re gonna LOVE this strategy! I have created a Forex Factory forum thread so that I might be able to communicate with the thousands of followers I had from “somewhere else”. LOL! Somewhere, EXTREMELY inferior to the Darwinex platform, I assure you. I would genuinely love to connect with my newfound Darwinex community there as well. I love helping folks with trading and I have many years of trading knowledge and resources that I freely share within anyone who’s keen.

Anyway, on my Forex Factory thread page found here, I share with everyone, in complete transparency, my Trade Explorers with position sizes, account balances…the LOT! Would love to connect with any of you at anytime! Now, forgive me please but, I am new to this Darwinex community bulletin board so, if someone wishes to connect here, I am quite happy to do so…I just HOPE I can figure it all out in time to provide a prompt response. LOL! Happy Trading everyone! I hope you ALL have a smashing rest of the week! :slight_smile: xxx

UPDATE - I have deleted my Trade Explorers from Forex Factory since everyone here appears to NOT need any assistance regarding their trading. My progression here on Darwinex can always be viewed via my Darwin HGF xxx

6 Likes

Hi and welcome to Darwinex.

As an investor I have to admit that there are certain things that make me suspicious:

• To call yourself a professional trader you have to be registered. Everything else is retail. As a professional you have different trading conditions.
  • ‘Successful’ should be proven by a track record. This can’t be replaced by capital words that describe how awesome the strategy is.
  • Very few loosers and a low loss aversion have a tendency to blow up but the history really is too short to already judge on these.

A long track record, good performance and a low loss aversion will automatically attract a substantial amount of AUM.

All the best and have a great week!

6 Likes

Well my friend, thanks for your welcome and just to set you at ease, there’s absolutely no need for you to be “suspicious” of me. I share everything freely and as transparently as I can. I am indeed a professional trader because I do it for a living and am employed no where else. I never said that I was beyond the realm of retail trading and trading many millions of dollars! Don’t even know how you could have arrived at that from what I said. Nevertheless, best wishes and Happy Trading to you :slight_smile: xxx

1 Like

Welcome Linda - and good to see you are off to a winning start - I agree with the previous poster that loss aversion is a big no-no and a fast way to ruin. However, if you think you have an edge and manageable risk then all is good. Perhaps you could elaborate more on your risk management rather than potential gains as this is the sign of a professional trader, I am sure you would agree? What risk do you use per trade/basket of trades and how robust is this strategy with big market moves - ie NFP FOMC / black swan? It is fine for a system to roll out 10% per month for 12 months but if the 13th results in the account loss all is pointless I am sure you agree:) Do you have any previous account history on myfxbook etc to share? Good luck!

5 Likes

Thank you for the answer. You indeed don’t have to be a professional to make a living from retail trading.

But to call yourself a professional you need a license. It’s just an industry thing. You can check your profile under the ‘Solvency’ tab. If it says ‘Profile: Retail’ your not a professional by industry standards.

Not that this is of any importance to be a successful trader but it should be differentiated.

3 Likes

Just read your FF thread and you obviously have some happy followers from IToro, which looks like a broker to avoid! Just a couple of other questions - how do you manage if you have many highly correlated pairs in any one session say, 8*USD pair sells - if sentiment suddenly changes? If you achieve +5% in a few hours do you lock or trail any profit or close out the winners? I am well aware that changing a winning formula is not a good idea and trying to lock in profit often results in less overall profit…good luck!

2 Likes

Hi mate. I’m always monitoring data releases and news events so I won’t be caught out by them. In fact, just last night before the US housing data and CAD CPI data, I closed my trades in profit early because I didn’t want to risk the trades suddenly going against me… especially with the Fed rate cut decision still looming in the distance. I balance all trades quite well and though some go against me, most don’t and I am left in profit overall. Below is a snippet that I took just a few moments ago for you to review. Best wishes mate! :slight_smile: xxx
https://www.forexfactory.com/linzaroo#acct.54

2 Likes

USDTRY can be traded on live accounts. Do you know any sources how long it was suspended at Darwinex?

1 Like

Welcome to our Community.

IMO it si pointless to discuss single trades or assets or your trade management.
What really matters is proving to have an edge with a long trackrecord.
Do you have something longer than few months anywhere?
To live from trading you need a lot of money and generally also traders want to see YEARS of trackrecord before risking serious money.

4 Likes

@CavaliereVerde

I agree with you. I also see a huge difference between living from trading and living from social trading when you’re mostly paid by your followers.

1 Like

I dunno mate BUT, when I needed it it was unavailable for quite some time.

4 Likes

So you changed your basket and Darwinex couldn’t support the new model. Now I got it. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

who needs years of trackrecord. This is the grail. load up

3 Likes

I want to make this perfectly clear to everyone. I am in NO way asking anyone to copy my trading activity. It would silly to do so without any experience as to my trading style. I already have investors here on Darwinex (with more to come) but, they know me from elsewhere and have that benefit of familiarity with my trading style. I do not rely on copiers to make a living. All I am saying to anyone is that you should check out what I have discovered, perhaps in ones demo account. Follow what I am doing in a complete transparent way every single day. I was introducing myself here as well as the underlying strategy of my Darwin. Nothing more. I was also offering to help folks that perhaps might need help with their trading… even traders with their own Darwins. That’s it. xxx

2 Likes

OK. Goodbye. Best wishes to everyone here xxx

1 Like

After one year of trading you can start to think to be profitable, and often it is not enough, look to my LSC , very good results for 2016 , shittty for 2017 and 2018 . :smiley:

2 Likes

HG -thanks for being so transparent and open when many traders don’t even make the effort - good to see - you may be aware that Darwinex has an overall 2% system win rate - ie out of 2000 systems only 20 or so last the course, if that; hence the reason for the responses here… It would be good if some of your previous clients could make a few posts of their experience. Can you also confirm how long you were providing services on itoro? Thanks:)

4 Likes

As old friend @JJENSLOPFAM there is a big difference between this forum and many others like FF , here people discuss with a trackrecord.
On FF there are discussions of hundred pages about an indicator or a backtest but almost no live trackrecords.

5 Likes

Linda, what did you expect coming up with this nick? :joy_cat: Each word of it is a provocation.

Now you should be grownup enough to withstand the feedbacks to it.

5 Likes

yes, the whole thread came across as a “trade educator” vibe. toodles

1 Like