CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. -- % of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.

How come some posts need approval from moderator?

Hello community.

Just like the title states.

How come some posts needs approval and some other posts do not need approval ?
Is it something I’ve said in those posts ? Because all posts (until now) are approved and are not filled with foul language or accusations

Kind regards

2 Likes

A couple of weeks ago we introduced some changes to the moderation policy to increase the debating standards.

This is work under progress and your feedback is welcome!

1 Like

Oh wauw @bianka
I’ve totally missed this post.
It is perfectly clear now and well understood.
Also it is something I stand for 100%

Thanks for the explanation! :+1:

1 Like

It makes sense but it is not 100% efficient.
For example now even the author of the topic needs to wait for the approval of a moderator.
If I want to add an update on my LSC and CVL topics I have to wait…
It is ok to protect traders from trolls but protecting from themselves? :thinking: :smiley:

It is one of the reason I created another topic to discuss the collapse of my KVL with colleagues.
I didn’t want a slow discussion, I was ready for the rain of tomatoes! :rofl:

3 Likes

I am not able to do that sorry! :slight_smile:

You should wait for a PM and continue the discussion with them, once you have the PM you can delete this comment above.

2 Likes

I do believe that freedom of speech should be preserved (given it followed the rules of conduct)
For the moderators of the forum I can imagine it is quite difficult in some times when freedom of speech is on the edge of insulting (mostly when people lose money or a believe is verified by latest results of a strategy)

The “new” rule is good in my opinion, however the statement @CavaliereVerde did about posting in his own thread is something that should be simplified.

For example now even the author of the topic needs to wait for the approval of a moderator.
If I want to add an update on my LSC and CVL topics I have to wait…

1 Like

Let’s say that, like everything in life, it is work in progress :smiley:

2 Likes

Guys,I understand your concern,but that could be exploited by bad actors.You saw how editing your post in locked thread can be exploited…

3 Likes

Preventing users to abuse editing requires heavy limitations on that user, like demoting to TL0 or suspending the user, moderators can do that if the user insists with bad stuff…
IMO these actions are not advisable, being moderated often causes anger, you feel abused.
It happens to us and happens to other users, giving explainations is better than use the force.

1 Like

It is kinda difficult to say since you both say 2 different things but I agree with you both :rofl:

1 Like

That can be solved if edited content also depends on a moderator‘s approval on closed threads.

1 Like

Let’s observe the evolution. If more traders decide to start publishing updates it might well be worth the inefficiencies. Also, it’s a way to prevent the publishing of investment advice from unregistered providers who don’t have the regulation to give such advice.

5 Likes

I never saw that in action. There was more than one statement like „buy me, I have a DD“ when the corona market trouble started.

2 Likes

@IlIlIlIlI That is a little blurry,because Darwinex is the producer of darwin.So trader or ‘provider’ is basically free legally,to say whatever he thinks,like other investors.Some darwins resemble underlying strategies,many don’t.Some are unrecognizable.
I don’t know what terms must traders accept when they ask Darwinex to produce darwin out of their trackrecord.If there is a rule not to make investment advice regarding 'their´ darwin,than thing is clear and it was Darwinex good will that they tolerated such behaviour.
It is a fine line between discussing what is on offer and pushing somebody to buy or sell something.
I would like to see how they will do with Portfolio Managers in the future.

1 Like

As far as I remember it, if it is not changed, they get an invitation to produce a Darwin from a Tradeslide account and just have to select a three digit code. Then the process starts without any additional agreement about communication.

The trader also does not produce and trade the Darwin, Darwinex does that with the trade manager.

So the trader behind a Darwin (or any other community member) giving recommendations for buy and sell a Darwin gives recommendations to a foreign financial product without a license.

Besides front running is not possible with Darwins, it is the same as on other platforms recommending stocks. The legal background for that? Besides front running is forbidden, I don’t know.

1 Like

14 posts were split to a new topic: What DARWIN managers without investment advisor licence can do to get initial AuM other than DarwinIA