CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. -- % of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.

Interactive Brokers & Darwinex: The Way Forward in 2020

We want 2020 to be year we integrate Interactive Broker’s asset offering into the Darwinex ecosystem.

In this new episode of our podcast, Darwinex CEO Juan Colón and CDS Ali Saif talk about the decisions we’ll need to take in relation to what promises to become a very important milestone in our evolution.

https://soundcloud.com/trader-movement/the-way-forward-with-interactive-brokers

Also available on Spotify.

And here’s the video version (video and audio are slightly unsynced, sorry for that).

Enjoy and have a great weekend!

P.S. We’re testing a new tool to receive voice messages from you to include into future podcasts as Q&A. Fancy sending us a question? Then go and give it a try.

16 Likes

This is great news! Looking forward to IB integration. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Great news to see such progress being made. Thanks for taking the time to do this podcast.

As a macro-trader I am very much looking forward to being able to trade interest rates/govt bonds through IB alongside hopefully getting better swap rates.

Since I am interested in growing AUM soonest, I would like to see Darwinex meet the requests of investors (family offices/IFAs). I’d also appreciate the opportunity to interact/ open discussions with investors on a private basis as I am aware privacy to family offices is paramount.

4 Likes

Hi, there,
Will we be able to use python for trading (IB offers API to interface Python with their trading Systems using for instance IBPy) without passing through ZeroMQ as in the case of MT4/MT5 ?
thanks
R

3 Likes

The video version of the interview is now available on YouTube. Video and audio are slighly unsynchronized (see first post of this topic for audio-only versions).

7 Likes

The best part of the video goes from 15:27 to 19:37. :ok_hand:t2:
It’s amazing how easy it is to solve all the endless discussions in this forum in four minutes when you have the power to do so. :rofl:

7 Likes

Hi @rmarino! Yes, this much-awaited improvement will be possible through IB.

4 Likes

@bianka What about NinjaTrader?

2 Likes

That’s a GREAT NEWS !!!
Eventually we will be freed from the hassles of dealing with ZeroMQ
:smiley:

thank you very much

4 Likes

IB’s Trader Workstation will be initially offered. Then we’ll evaluate what other platforms to add.

1 Like

OK. Thanks @bianka !

1 Like

@DominionCuentas It’s probably best to check with IB directly. To the best of our knowledge, if you hold a license from before Ninjatrader became it’s own broker, then it’s possible.

After that, I don’t know if Ninjatrader support 3rd party brokers - have you brought this up with them?

1 Like

No. I haven’t yet.
I’m contacting both companies and let’s see what happens.
Thanks for your interest.
I will keep you posted with any news.

1 Like

@DominionCuentas thanks so much! If you could share over here that’d be grand. @integracore2 and me are working on several pieces of new content, and one will clearly have to be IB Platform compatibility, for all those Python, TradeStation, NinjaTrader, etc. fans out there!

2 Likes

@StokesBay we’ll have news on the Family Offices side of things in due course. Watch that space .-)

1 Like

Hello. As i know hedging trading is illegal in the US. ?
How do you plan to get around this limitation in collaboration with ib.

1 Like

HI Emar - IB is initially for non US customers only. We don’t on-board US customers at present

1 Like

Hello @juancolonbo @integracore2,

I’ve already contacted platformsupport@ninjatrader.com

Our conversation was as follows (word for word):
Dear All @NinjaTrader Platform Support,

In addition to being a client of yours, I’m also a Darwinex client.

Some doubts are keeping many of us awake at night and I have an important question to clear up…

Darwinex will soon be integrated with Interactive Brokers so I will also become an IB client (with an IB account, with access to their TWS Platform).

But will I be able to connect my NT platform and trade with an IB account the same way I am trading right now with a FXCM account?

Please tell me I can do it!

I bought my NT license on January 10, 2017.

Thanks,

Best regards
Hello,

To be able to connect to your account and with Interactive Brokers you will need a Multi Broker license key. You can upgrade to a Lifetime Multi Broker license key for $550 through the link below.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/123 (my personal link)

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,
Chris S
NinjaTrader Platform Customer Service
Hello Chris S,

What if I only want to trade with Interactive Brokers from now on?

Can I give up the FXCM relationship/account and use the license I already paid for to trade only with Interactive Brokers?

Thanks.
Hello,

We can convert your license key to Interactive Brokers for no additional cost.

Let me know if you would like to convert your license key to Interactive Brokers.

Sincerely,
Chris S
Great Chris S!

I’ll almost certainly convert it to trade at IB and I will let you know when the time comes. It’s still early.

My doubt was more about whether it would be technically possible, I had heard rumors that there were obstacles for some customers depending on the date of purchase of their license. What can you tell me about this? Was it maybe solved in the end?

Thanks.
Hello,

Interactive Brokers is a supported brokerage in NinjaTrader.

All leased or purchased license keys are able to convert to Interactive Brokers.

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,
Chris S
Juan, yesterday I was the one you answered on Youtube… and I also remember that not long ago there was a restriction for clients with a “modern” license opting for Interactive Brokers but judging by Chris’ response and based on the requirements in the following link (offered by Interactive Brokers on their website in the FAQ section):

https://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGuides/Interactive-Brokers-Connection-Guide

…I don’t see any obstacle. Do you…?

Is there a problem where it says “(browser version(s) is/are not supported)”? What does that mean?

NT7
Traders Workstation (TWS) version 960.2.g (browser version is not supported) installed - Download

NT8
You must have at least one of the following standalone Interactive Brokers API Software versions installed (browser versions are not supported)
TWS 973.2 - Download
IB Gateway 973.2h - Download
Latest Java version - Download

5 Likes

@DominionCuentas - Kudos for all the effort. Let us know if you need us to jump in to hopefully smooth out any outstanding issues. We know the NinjaTrader guys and it’d be great to create win-win outcomes with them.

Cheers!

3 Likes

Thanks a lot. :pray:t2:

When the day comes I will let you know if things worked out fine or not.

I don’t see why all of the above shouldn’t go well.

Now, as always, only the hardest (and most beautiful) part remains :expressionless::

Taking my trading to the next level, hitting triples all the time and getting out of “drawdown hell”… :fire:

1 Like