CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 64 % of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.

Investment portfolio jjenslopfam&paloquintrading

I’d like to take the opportunity that Darwinex gives us on this forum of the community, to share with you the evolution of 4 investment portfolios of our family group.

Our idea is based on using our trading knowledge to try to choose the best darwins, and once done, completely delegate the management of it to the darwin provider, ie more or less a buy and hold.

It has been a hard period of very complicated months, between the need of learning the investible attributes to debug the selection, the brexit, the flash crash of the gbp, the USA elections and Trump, … we have delegated in the providers the management, and with the help of the diversification, we are very satisfied with the results, although we think it could be improved, improving the filters of the selection, and with the future growth of Darwinex, because we are sure that more and better providers will come to Darwinex, which will increase the quality of the portfolios.

Accessing the darwinex market has allowed us to share LEGALLY our strategies between every member of the family group, and to get other traders systems to diversify our investment.

PORTFOLIO 01
15 darwins. 16,5% of the investment capital in 4 familiy group darwins. Portfolio VAR: 7,74%

PORTFOLIO 02
20 darwins. 6,7% of the investment capital in 2 family group darwins. Portfolio VAR: 7,31%

PORTFOLIO 03
19 darwins. 35,3% of the investment capital in 5 family group darwins (JGC, FTT, PQH, ATR, & TAS). Portfolio VAR: 8,12%

PORTFOLIO 04
15 darwins. 33,3% of the investment capital in 5 family group darwins (JGC, FTT, PQH, ATR, & TAS). . Portfolio VAR: 7,09%

8 Likes

Very nice track records, I am interested to hear more about your selection process. What sets the DARWINS in the four portfolio’s apart? I wonder why Portfolio 02 and 03 did significantly better than Portfolio 01 and 04.

Thank you @Aware. If you watch the images more closely, you could notice that the number of the portfolios goes from more to less duration of the investment period. Portfolio 4 hasn’t worse than 2 and 3, as you can see in the attached chart (the explanation is that it only has one month of experience)

As I said it is complicated the work of studying the darwins and understanding perfectly the investible attributes. As we can see, while our experience has grown the results have been better. In the particular case of portfolio 1 is the oldest one, some mistakes of choice have been made in darwins that aren’t working, some affected by the flash crash of the gbp, and also affects that among the own darwins invested is not JGC.

Another reason more than experience to explain the better monthly performance of portfolios 3 and 4, is because the weight in the portfolio of the own darwins is higher (the performance in this period is being really good in all the own darwins, 3 of the 5 are included in the darwinex filter of the best 11 promising darwins)

1 Like

Attached you have the correlation in blue between our 5 darwins, and in the same matrix you can see with others invested in this portfolio 4

1 Like

I’ve looked at JGC or CABLECONTINUITY and it’s very impressive, I can see how that carries the whole portfolio.
I consider investing in that DARWIN, but a worst negative excursion of -12.56% seems quite high as well as a draw-down of over 25% in just one week.

Can you tell why the performance has been so good for the last few months?

What do you find most important when looking at a traders investable attributes?

First of all, I respect your decision to not Invest in JGC. We have other 142 investors that in a different way.

But I would like to ask for that you have to be more specific when you give opinions, because we can say wrong things as you have said. You have to difference between the strategy and the darwin. If you don’t know, please it would be good that don’t say something that could perjudice me, it is not fair.

By the other hand, if you want to know the explanations to your problem with the excursion of the strategy, you can read in the specif post for JGC that i have created, and where i have explained to another user this question.

The weight of JGC is the same that the others darwins of the group, then it is not JGC which gives the good performance. You can open the others darwins and see it

2 Likes

Thank you very much @Aware, for the 2 likes, here and in the other post.

Ending January and one month after creating this post, I would like to update the results of our 4 portfolios

Here you are the summary table of the results, and the updated main data of the portfolios.

The charts and tables below show the evolution of our portfolios

PORTFOLIO 01

PORTFOLIO 02

PORTFOLIO 03

PORTFOLIO 04

3 Likes

On 20th December, I created the following demo account with an initial capital of 50,000 euros.

The objective was to be able to show the evolution of the results of a portfolio formed by the darwins of our providers team, and the correlation between every darwin.

Attached the results after one month of trading

We should bear in mind that the percentages of the graph are calculated over the equity, and as I have only invested €18,500 of the €50,000, only 37% of the total is working … so the percentages on the invested capital are higher as you can see in the chart below. Today the return is higher than 15% from 20th december.

The portfolio has 6 darwins, and the amount of investment is variable, depending on the correlation of the darwins. We include here all of our darwins, althoug it could have some of them in testing phase (you could difference because they will have less invested amount)

Below you could watch the correlation table between every Darwin

Our darwins are included in several darwinex filters:

JGC is included in 5 filters: top invested, Quote >200, On fire, Promising and Trending

FTT is included in 2 filters: Good Scores and Trending

PQH is included in On fire filter.

ATR also is included in On Fire filter.

TAS is included in Promising filter.

4 Likes

I am going to update the progress of the portfolios one month later.

Here you are the summary table of the results, and the updated main data of the portfolios.

PORTFOLIO 01

PORTFOLIO 02

PORTFOLIO 03

PORTFOLIO 04

6 Likes

I can see you didn’t trade for the last couple of weeks. Is there any specific reason for that? Thanks!

There is not any problem.

There were not any signal of JGC’s system from last week. That’s the discipline too to have the patience to wait…

It seems that JGC doesn’t want to leave to be rookie. :smiley:

6 Likes

Well done, keep believing :wink:

1 Like

March finished, I am going to update the progress of our portfolios.

PORTFOLIO 01

PORTFOLIO 02

PORTFOLIO 03

PORTFOLIO 04

6 Likes

Hello @JJENSLOPFAM

Would it be possible to have a recent update of the portfolio?

1 Like

Yes, I will. After reloaded I decided that I am going to update every trimester to not be boring, because sometimes I don’t know if this is interesting for the community or not.

I knew your interest, because I read this weekend your comments in the topic of your web :wink:

At the end of this month you will have a report of the evolution

I can advance that It is easy to realise that the portfolios are suffering, because our darwins are suffering this trimester. In the table you can see the weight % in every portfolio.

Thanks for your interest

6 Likes

Every quality work is very appreciated.
Unfortunatelly forums tend to be: “come, complain and go away…” :smiley:

BTW looking to admin panel I can see that there are many visualiziations, even if people is too lazy to login and push the like button.
So we don’t have to give up. :wink:

6 Likes

Thanks @CavaliereVerde.

This community is really different because the traders talk with our track record shown.

I would like the same transparency with the curve of the investors, and their equity as the traders, to value better all the comments, critics, or recommendations. It would be fantastic.

This topic started thinking in this way of full transparency, and obviously to show in a different way our darwins.

6 Likes

As I said, I have changed the uptdating frecuency of this topic, from monthly to quarterly.

I want to change the scope of the information, giving more info about which are the darwins that have added more performance and which less, every quarter and at origin.

I start with the portfolio 01.

Attached you have the table at the beggining of last quarter:

On the left, we have the results of the 1st quarter, and on the right the results at origin of the portfolio. We can see the best and the worst performance, considering the weight of the investment in every Darwin and its performance. Below, we have the performance of our own darwins.

1st quarter finished with a performance of + 9,14%, and + 5,18% at origin of the portfolio. Our darwins gave 3,24% of the 9,14% in the quarter, and at origin +7,04% of the +5,18%.

The 2nd quarter has been difficult for some of the darwins of our portfolio, then the portfolio finished with losses of -6,44% in the quarter, and at origin we have losses of – 1,59%.

I am working with var20 or leveraged x 2 in the new darwins var 10. We have 26 darwins in the portfolio and a portfolio var of 6,76%

Our darwins also suffered, we have a loss of -2,41% in the quarter, but finishing at origin with profits of +4,64%

I can conclude that this quarter has been a good test of the hardiness of the portfolio, when the Darwin with more weight fell almost the 50%, and our darwins had a difficult quarter, so they don’t help to reduce its loss.
The worst months were april and may. I am going to study the Darwin DWC for the future because It had helped to reduce the loss.

4 Likes

Bellow the results of the portfolio 02.

Attached you have the table at the beggining of last quarter:

Again on the left, we have the results of the 1st quarter, and on the right the results at origin of the portfolio. We can see the best and the worst performance, considering the weight of the investment in every Darwin and its performance. I have included also the months invested on the darwins. Below, our own darwins.

1st quarter finished with a performance of + 4,33%, and + 13,62% at origin of the portfolio. Our darwins gave 0,83% of the 4,33% in the quarter, and at origin +4,84% of the +13,62%.

The 2nd quarter also has been difficult for some of the darwins of our portfolio, then the portfolio finished with losses of -4,18% in the quarter, and at origin we hold the profits of 8,87%.

We are working yet with var20 darwins. We have 23 darwins in the portfolio and a portfolio var of 6,85%

Our darwins also have suffered, we have a loss of -2,89% in the quarter, but finishing at origin with profits of +1,91%

Again in this portfolio, the Darwin DWC could have worked.

7 Likes