CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 64 % of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.

Is compounding possible without selling out and reinvesting profit gained into a darwin?

Sorry for another question but I don’t know if my brain just isn’t working but there is something that I don’t quite understand.

Say I invest £10,000 in a Darwin, and after a day that Darwins price goes up by 1% that means (ignore. Fees for now) that I have £10,000 invested and a profit of £100

If I am aiming to compound my capital gains I don’t see how this is. Possible without selling the Darwin and reinvesting using the profit, is this the only way?

For example if I don’t sell the Darwin I would only still have £10,000 invested and not £10,100 so if the Darwin went up another 1% I would still only earn £100 not £101?

I guess what im getting at is what happens to the profit, is it added to the investment or would I have to sell the Darwin and buy it back to add the profit to my investment?

Cheers, again im sorry for been a pain!

A post was merged into an existing topic: A newbie question, i apologise but i would like to get this cleared up