CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 64 % of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.

LOK & LKL by portola - investors discussion

Hello,

Welcome to my thread about LOK and LKL.
The purpose of this thread is to be in contact with investors who want to meet who is behind.

About me:
I’m 55 years old, BS in Computer Science and I arrived in the markets in 2011 looking for an alternative to the normal job.
I started to follow some traders but:I always wanted to have my own strategy to be independent. Next steps were to receive training and read some books and I started to practice in demo mode.

One of my favourite quote is:“Trading is the most difficult way to make Easy Money”

About my strategy:
I found that indicators (Moving Averages, RSI, MACD, Stochastic, Bollinger Bands…) are not reliable and I decided to study the graphics without any indicator.
Then I found some behaviours in the EURUSD pair and I developped two strategies that evolved into one sigle strategy.

Currently my strategy is 100% manual and it works only on EURUSD.
It’s a pure price action strategy with several filters (news and volatility) to reduce the number of invalid trades, so on average, it takes only 1 trade per week.
No grid and no martingale.

Differences between LOK and LKL
LOK reflects all my trading history from the start (learn, investigate, backtest, trade, fall and rise) and the imported results provide an ugly graphic with +70% drawdown. Nonetheless, LOK has +65 score which allowed me to win some Darwinia prices.

LKL is the same strategy like LOK but it includes the trades taken only in Darwinex. LKL helps me to avoid this ugly drawdown. The investable attributes are the same with the exception of Ex and Pf. I hope that after several months, they’ll be exactly the same.

Best regards,
portola.

4 Likes

Good luck :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello

Christmas is coming and volatility falls a lot so it’s time to stop trading in order to make a small balance and spend more time with the family.

The quarterly results since I trade with Darwinex is the following:
Q4-18 3.52%
Q1-19 -18.86%
Q2-19 7.83%
Q3-19 0.11%
Q4-19 2.89%

After the catastrophic Q1-19, I’ve added a filter to avoid erroneous entries.
This filter reduces the number of trades to an average of 1 trade / week, but significantly increases the winning trades. The result is very positive, adding 3 consecutive quarters in positive and making a total of 10.83% in 9 months.

See you in January in the market.
Happy Christmas!

3 Likes