CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 66 % of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.

Losses of darwin DLF

Avoiding martingales is the easy part.
Investing is much more difficult.
Traders show only their luckiest stuff, you dont’ know the hidden part, return is only the top of the iceberg.

1 Like

Hmm, I think it returns us to the previous point of underlying equity * underlying var. It is comforting when darwin providers show that they are risking significantly enough alongside their investors. I am gonna stick to max investable in a darwin = Underlying equity * underlying var * 10, I believe it was JJENSLOPFAM who defined it as investability…

I was reluctant to invest in UEI for a while, but after seeing the underlying equity, I am not even a little hesitant now.

3 Likes

This is the reason I pretend some knowledge of the trader, if you have something to hide you dont’ discuss about your trading.

2 Likes

It is not just Darwinex but everything everywhere.
Suppose you bank shows you 3 funds that were good last 3 years.
You buy them and only one works, they make money with perfomence fees on that one and they earn management fees with everyone, and you are losing… :slight_smile:

Investing requires more professionalism than trading, but I don’t give up!

1 Like

I think DLF was the scaling/pyramiding version of DLI , the 2 darwins were always very correlated.
Clearly investors were impressed by return and rushed into DLF , while the trader had more equity on DLI … :wink:

Scaling is a powerful technique, it can increase return but also DD .
Now a bad but acceptable DD on DLI has turned into a total disaster on DLF.

A filter on equity is very useful especially dealing with traders with many darwins.
If every darwin works on the same low equity it means that the traders doesn’t know what will work in the future.
Chosing mature and robust strategies is a responsibility of the trader.