CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 64 % of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.

LSC – CavaliereVerde

Of course Darwinex can do better, but even with this condition I would be very happy to manage 4 millions with my darwins. :smile_cat:

The point is that algo trading of private traders is not in competition with big funds that hold their trades for weeks.

I have a lot of respect for “gifted” manual traders but the algo path makes a lot of sense for “normal” guys with a good level of scientific education, even without a PhD.
There are a lot of good books that explain how to develop a profitable algo, it is diffcult but doable.
For manual trading there are only books full of psychology and common sense, psychology is important but first you need a ruleset.
It seems that you need a “mentor”, a mythological character that empowers you with the “gift”.
The problem is that 99.9% of those guys are charlatans.

4 Likes

There is no hard ruleset.That is why it is called discretionary trading.The rules for trade set-ups and risk management are only basis for discretionary decision if trader will take a position or not.Human beings are very complex and some have capabilities which cannot be rationally explained.Take an example of Soros who is known to get a severe back-pain when he gets himself into a bad trading position.
People are born “gifted”,they just need effort and right circumstances to fully blossom.

1 Like

:sunglasses: :smile_cat:

9 Likes

This is the complete situation of my trading.
What you see is what you get.
Maybe I am doing a bullshit or maybe I will inspire other traders.
The point with social trading is not lack of privacy or lack of intellectual property protection, the point is lack of transparency.

8 Likes

I agree with your decision to leave @asder34
Unfortunatelly is very difficult to be successfull with every darwin, beating the market is really difficult.
My situation is not so different from @integracore2 @PrimeZor @Pulse07 .

4 Likes

I have invested 100 darwins of my selection for real money since May, no good results yet, very hard indeed.

1 Like

@PrimeZor
I was speaking about us as darwin providers.
If a tradrs provides 5 darwins generally 1-2 work, the minority.

For investor is much more difficult, to make money you need at least 90% profitable darwins.

I now feel only do much fewer darwins with longer history and smaller VaR, my experimental of 100 Darwins is a bit crazy in this market

1 Like

no one have patience to wait for months and years without seeing a few years of good track records, leaving so few selections here, espetially market so hard for all good stuff in past two years.

1 Like

@Tomcat
So your opinion is that systematic traders are doomed to fail because Goldman Sachs has a mysterious chaos generator.
Market is 99% random because it is 99% efficient.
Traders are able to take advantage of the 1% inefficiency.

I know the video of that guy, I have watched it before going for algo trading.
There are a lot of conpiracy theories on youtube but if you want to succeed in a profession it is better to start to study books.
The only books that teach you how to beat the market are books about algo trading.
[Recommended Reading] For the Aspiring Quantitative Trader / Curious Investor
Books about discretionary trading give you only a lot of common sense, a lot of psychology.
Psychology is very important but you can read 20 books about psychology and they wont’ give you a way to make pips, then maybe you can make money as life coach or youtuber.

I believe that gifted discretionary traders exist, probably Javier Colon is one of them.
I prefer to base my opinion on facts.
Facts like these:
https://ctaperformance.com/
90% of these funds is systematic
Than we have to add Winton that is systematic.
Dunn is systematic:
https://dunncapital.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/WMA-4-page-update-July-2019.pdf
Renaissance is systematic.

Maybe a gifted guy made millions with a couple of right trades but investable trackrecords that beat the market sice 20 years are produced with systematic trading.

2 Likes

Successful discretionairy traders usually act with a high discipline and a systematic behaviour.
So the difference to an algo is not so big.
The advantage of systematic discretionairy trading is that they can act - or leave it - much more flexible.
The advantage of an algo is that it works 24 hours and much more exactly.
If you don’t believe any EA or algo can survive 10 years without changes an average trader with usual tools has much betteer chances to make money with a better algo if he can program it than with discretionairy trading. Review of the algo and its trading are mandatory.

How to manage parameters, hysrtorical data and portfolio has to be learnt on the field.
It is the point that makes the difference between success and failure.
Managing and enduring the algos make the difference.