CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 66 % of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.

Micro E-mini Futures

It’s been a long time anticipating futures :slight_smile: (moving around some files taking the dust)

1 Like

So I made a comparison tests of fills of futures vs CFDs, side by side with simultaneous mouse clicks, market orders (important remark since the futures are more “alive” between the spread)

Results : the fills including associated costs are about the same between the big future contracts and the CFDs
So you do feel a disadvantage trading the micro-futures. It is especially true if you exit about flat without much movement, then the overhead can be 1.5x to 2x more than CFDs …if on the other hand, you exit after larger amplitudes, then it is less painful. Conclusion, better watch out your avg win/loss per trade if the micro futures can suit your style without being too damaging

1 Like

Was exactly the kind of feedback I was wondering about :slight_smile: … Thanks !

1 Like

@alex78 I measured the carry cost of the 6E future (compare the quotation difference versus the spot and count the days towards the expiry date of the contract)
Result : slightly above 3% / yr (for a long position). It’s just a little lower (approx 0.5% maybe?) than the rates charged by the cheapest FX brokers, but not by a mile! Anyway, certainly not free when holding a swing position :slight_smile:

1 Like