CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. -- % of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.

Migrated Account Fakery

Something I’ve noticed with many Darwins that have high D-Scores and appear to be doing well… many of them consist mainly of a migrated track record and rapidly go downhill after the migration date.

What is deceiving is the D-Score takes into account the migrated data.

Now, we all know it’s been proven that live MT4 accounts can be faked, so you can put 2 + 2 together here.

The unfortunate side effect is that traders who are building a genuine track record from scratch on Darwin and are doing reasonably well will still have a D-score much lower than the fake migrated track records.

Solution: Provide a filter to show accounts that have not been migrated. Adjust the D-Score to favour non-migrated data.

4 Likes

It already exists: “days in darwinex”.
It is the main parameter for my filters.
Days in Darwinex >360 and you wipe away migrations , 700 or 1000 days are even better.

2 Likes

Thank you.

It still doesn’t fix the D-Score problem though.
Migrated accounts with fake data still have a higher D-Score.

They will fix it in the next revision of DScore but we have to wait for some months.

2 Likes

The seldom appearing bug in this criteria is still not solved.
So you should check it via backtester or number of candles in the candle chart.

Welcome to the :darwinex: community forum @SDTrader! It’s good to have you here!

Our CEO clarified Darwinex’s stance on the issue of migrated accounts in Why we don’t publish a DARWIN migration policy.

Regarding the D-score and the previous comment by @CavaliereVerde, this other forum conversation can be useful:

3 Likes

Hi Bianka

Thanks for the links and I’m glad to see you are looking at the D-Score.

However, my main concern is that new traders building a track record from scratch with Darwinex will not get any visibility to investors, because they will be overshadowed by migrated accounts track records, even if fake.

Without any visibility to potential investors (because there is so much noise), I have to question whether it is worth the effort to build up a track record from scratch, which is what I’m doing.

What I would like to see from Darwinex is the ability to filter % return on account since migration date. That way, we can see how the live account has really performed.

In fact why not have a category of top performing accounts since date of migration?

Regards

SDTrader

7 Likes

Great suggestion. Or filter return % from date Darwin was created and published.

3 Likes

I also agree with this suggestion.

3 Likes