CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 66 % of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.

My investing journey

Hello Traders and Investors!

I am new to Darwinex and I am going to invest for the long term. I would love to get feedback and tips about my portfolio and I hope people will enjoy and learn from this topic. Lets make some money!

I am using a real account with strict rules for investing.

Rules for entry:
Is trading for about 2 years. I am not very strict, few months more or less who cares?
A minimal of 6 months Darwin experience.
Drawdown of less than 15%
Ends every year positive
Not in a downtrend when I enter
A minimal profit for the investors of 20% in the last 12 months, ERQ has to exit because of this…
darwinex score above 50

Rules for money allocation:
We take 2000 as a base for Darwins with a traders equity of more than 10k and 1000 for traders with less than 1000
10% if active on the forum or has been part of an interview
20% bonus for each year they are positive above the 2 year minimum.
% of the profit for the investor above the 20% in the last 12 moths. X3, because I think this is important. I invest because I want to make money not because I want to pick the best Darwins…
100% if they do not have a yellow correlation at all. 50% if they only have one.
Darwinex score - 50 = the amount of % they will get.

This percentages are not cumulative, 10% of the base is 2000 is 200. But the percentages below are subtracted from the total ideal investment.

20% subtraction if I have 2 Darwins of the same owner
30% subtraction if I have 3 Darwins of the same owner
40% subtraction if I have 4 Darwins of the same owner

This is how I manage my portfolio:

• stop loss on 15% > I rather get in again manually
  • MAJOR TIP: I don’t know why not everybody is doing this, but if you sell your positions on a daily basis and buy them back with the initial investment + the profit, you will have the compound effect. I am really shocked to see almost nobody on this forum use this tactic. I try to be extra smart and put the profit in a Darwin with a drawdown. I am not sure if this is better than reinvesting in the same Darwin, because you have to let your winners fly and cut your losers quick.

My ideal portfolio:
This would make my ideal investment portfolio:
THA: 5000, not looking at all the above, this one is special.
NTR: 2899
FEG: 3834
BDR: 2465
LVS: 3392
VTJ: 3376
DLF: 2556
JZH: 4115
PMZ: 2854
JBR: 2653

Happy investing!

PS: when I change the rules or the way I manage my portfolio I will edit this post.

9 Likes

Welcome to the community!
Your rules make a lot of sense. :thumbsup:

Following your logic I think LVS and VTJ will be the next candidates.

I suggest you to post a screenshot of the portfolio’s return on a monthly basis for the benefit of the community.
Good luck! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

You are right! Will post it once a month. For now I am up 1,10%

I forgot to add this rule:

• traders equity must be above 10000

This is because I want that the trader has its own money at stake. This will limit the potential Darwin’s, but I want the extra confirmation that the trader has fate in his own Darwin. I might change this rule when my portfolio grows but for now it is one of my criterions.

I rather have less profit than losing money, as Warren Buffet said: never lose money!

4 Likes

Hi @Awvanderbie!

Welcome to the Darwinex Community, and… happy investing to you, as well!! :smiley:

4 Likes

Welcome and Good Luck :wink:

P.s. he also said “Be Fearful When Others Are Greedy and Greedy When Others Are Fearful”

Warren Buffett

4 Likes

This is very debated, I agree even if my darwins are running on 2500 . :smiley:
It is important to show to investors that you are getting serious.
For example NTI was trading on 4k , now he is trading on 10k.
VTJ was trading on 1k now he is trading on 10k.

4 Likes

If your initial strategy with your initial K risks 10% per trade, it is better to invest on your own darwin. Not ?

A large capital with a smal VaR allows a less rigour my opinion (multiples entries, martingale, large swing).

When the investors understand that all (or much) is in notes Rs and Pf then…

How many strategies with more 10k have Rs and Pf > 9 ? One: XAX !

When you shunt the Strategy’s Equity, there is not in so far as 7 darwins moreover:
https://www.darwinex.com/filter-custom/6059

8 darwins on 1414 !

1 Like

Yes you can invest you own darwin but your behaviour as investor is not public, trader’s equity is public and verified by Darwinex.
As investor you can post some screenshots but it is not the same.

Pf 9 is very good but keeping Pf 7 for 3 years is more robust and reliable.

3 Likes

If so you should put equity in relation to Strategy VaR. Var 40% with 5k is acutally more then 10k with Var 10-20%.

And also you should look if the Trader has an external proof for more balance (different broker oder investing in own strategy). My BAD strategy e.g handles about 35k with VaR 40%… thats like 100k+ with Var10% but you won’t see it here (ok i gave partial proof via myfxbook link)

1 Like

Ok but private investigations are beyond the aproach of a newcomer.
Let’s be honest, we are committed hobbyists but professionals have:

• a serious trading account
  • 2+ years of trackrecord
  • a decent website
  • a company with a registration

Let’s look to THA and LVS …
When you are a master of Darwinex you can dig on single scores or other investigations.

I have added NTR with 2000 and ERQ with 2000.

I have added a rule for investing in a Darwin, it must have a profit of at least 20% in 2017.

Happy investing!

6 Likes

First 100 euro profit is a fact! Warning for myself: get not to enthusiastic, this is very short term. I am here for the long run. I think that it is not unlikely to have a drawdown the next few months and still end the year with a decent profit.

Happy investing!

5 Likes

Hello awesome Darwin community! I want to wish you the best of luck and patience for 2018.

I updated my requirements for entry and I made a few rules for money allocation… It makes perfect sense for me and if there are questions you can find me, feedback is welcome!

Rules for entry:
Is trading for about 2 years. I am not very strict, few months more or less who cares?
A minimal of 6 months Darwin experience.
Drawdown of less than 15%
Ends every year positive
Not in a downtrend when I enter
A minimal profit for the investors of 20% in the last 12 months, ERQ has to exit because of this…
darwinex score above 50

Rules for money allocation:
We take 2000 as a base for Darwins with a traders equity of more than 10k and 1000 for traders with less than 1000
10% if active on the forum or has been part of an interview
20% bonus for each year they are positive above the 2 year minimum.
% of the profit for the investor above the 20% in the last 12 moths. X3, because I think this is important. I invest because I want to make money not because I want to pick the best Darwins…
100% if they do not have a yellow correlation at all. 50% if they only have one.
Darwinex score - 50 = the amount of % they will get.

This percentages are not cumulative, 10% of the base is 2000 is 200. But the percentages below are subtracted from the total ideal investment.

20% subtraction if I have 2 Darwins of the same owner
30% subtraction if I have 3 Darwins of the same owner
40% subtraction if I have 4 Darwins of the same owner

This would make my ideal investment portfolio:
THA: 5000, not looking at all the above, this one is special.
NTR: 2899
FEG: 3834
BDR: 2465
LVS: 3392
VTJ: 3376
DLF: 2556
JZH: 4115
PMZ: 2854
JBR: 2653

This would make a total of 33k, I am slowly depositing more every month. When I reach this depends of how well it goes depends on my income and expenses the next few months… Probably may.

MAJOR TIP: I don’t know why not everybody is doing this, but if you sell your positions on a daily basis and buy them back with the initial investment + the profit, you will have the compound effect. I am really shocked to see almost nobody on this forum use this tactic. I try to be extra smart and put the profit in a Darwin with a drawdown. I am not sure if this is better than reinvesting in the same Darwin, because you have to let your winners fly and cut your losers quick.

STUPID MISTAKE: I feel like a fool. I know I am trying to invest and not trade, but I saw the past results of DLF and saw that it made in the past a spike in profit and then lose half of it in a few hours/days… I saw the spike last week and thought lets make a little more money and trade DLF. Stupid mistake. Timing the market is for the wizards between us. Study’s have proven that the less you try to time the market the more results you will get.

Results so far: so far so good! I did not expect so much return but I am happy with it.

7 Likes

nice report :wink: keep up the good work

About your major tip, yes you are right, it was mentioned somewhere before. It’s good to do so, but make sure to do it if the Darwin is flat, or if a darwin is always in the market be more careful, it can cause negative divergence. I suggested to implement a roll over button and also to make it visible if the Darwin ist flat or not, let’s see if they implement it.

3 Likes

Thank you for your comment. I forgot to mention it.

Why do you think people forget to do it?

To be honest, most don’t know about this.

1 Like

You don’t need to sell and rebuy a Darwin to compound as the profits are automatically reinvested.

2 Likes

That is true, except if your investment is leveraged 2:1, in which case you do have to sell your share in a DARWIN and then buy again IF you want to keep the same risk. Otherwise profits will be reinvested automatically, but with 1:1 leverage. As @easyFX pointed out, there is room for improvement in this use case.

3 Likes

Here is another link for everybody who is interested in compounding: http://help.darwinex.com/darwinex-for-investors/increasing-investment-capacity-through-leverage-on-the-darwinex-platform

1 Like

UPDATE:

• I stopped using my allocation system. I allocate my money evenly between the Darwins.
  • I am very happy with the results, gets a little boring, but that’s one of the reasons I trust this system and Darwinex.
  • any questions?
5 Likes