CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 66 % of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.

My Live Portfolio - The What and The Why

Actually both have really large underlying equity. Largest 2 amounts of equities among all darwins belong to WSS and WAJ. So I doubt that.

Same past does not mean same future.

CavaliereVerde's live portfolio
Try to compare the first part of LVS BDR and NTR, it is the same, recent part is different and Darwina’s correlation has a lookback of only one month.:smiling_imp:

How do you know that? We can see exact traders equity in API?

Not really. But in the API, you can filter by any amount. In normal interface, you can’t filter by more than 10k equity, that limit isn’t enforced in the API.

So I filtered all possibilities.

1 Like

Thats kind of the same. Can we do that in the program you uploaded? I dont remember and I am not in that computer right now.

It would be very usefull indeed to filter by more exact traders equity indeed.

I think Darwinex didn’t intend to allow this through the api. I compiled a list of all Darwins, their equity, and their VaR, and posted here Advanced Darwin Filtering Tool.

Though I redacted equities larger than 10k

3 Likes

Happy upcoming new year everyone! Best wishes.

3 Likes

Here are a few interesting Darwins I have found that are worth taking a second look at.

1. IFS -> Worth taking a look at Equity * Var
  2. XSD -> Gold trading, bad MC score, but other than that worth considering
  3. ECB -> Quite high equity, but also very high Var. Worrisome risk profile
  4. OCO -> Stock trading, a much needed asset class Darwin. Too low EX, gotta keep an eye on. Quite high equity and quite high Var.
  5. AKO-> Another darwin that trades stocks somewhat. Quite nice Equity * Var. Not too low EX, gotta keep an eye on.
  6. TKT -> 10k equity, 5% Var. Also a scalper. Maybe worth allocating a small amount.
  7. XBT -> Another with quite high equity and high Var. Gotta keep an eye on.
  8. JXT -> Stock trader (DAX). Low EX, but decent equity and Var. Gotta keep an eye on.

Recent (not so recent) changes to portfolio -> Bought 1000 UEI -> Very nice equity * Var. :thumbsup: Plan to Change ERQ 2000 to ERQ 1000, NTI 1000. I am still keeping 1000 OCD, despite -27% or so state. Very glad that LVS is recovering.

Very interested in whether CLA can recover or not.

4 Likes

You have to consider that we don’t know the wealth of people, so we don’t know the significance of that equity at risk.
Years of trackrecord are always significant, time is the same for everyone.

3 Likes

:thumbsup: Gotta keep that in mind.

1 Like

Nice. Keep posting your finds especially the high equity x var ones. I must be honest though that seeing all those pretty results with an EX<10 (on most of them) I dont know if thats good for me :slight_smile: I must restrain myself at times lol

I am currently looking at STP and SKV for what is worth…
(also, how can I post the darwin link as you do above?)

edit: test done

1 Like

[ Name goes here ] ( Link Goes Here)

3 Likes

I had STP in my sights for a while, and SKV is by the same guy that does UYZ. I would rather go for UYZ instead of SKV, and UYZ divergence makes me stay away - so I would abstain from both. STP? :thumbsup: Not too much EURUSD dependence, also from the looks of trading behavior, maybe a manual trader? Hmm, worth considering

1 Like

With UYZ you follow the steps of the big one :wink:

IMO you are a bit too much concerned about divergence.
If I find a trader with a long and native trackrecord I don’t care for a -0.4% .
Divergence is scaring if it turns a positive year into a negative.

1 Like

Hm, that seems to be the case. The new backtesting tool is actually pretty great to see the real impact of divergence. I wanted to reduce CLA from 3000 to 2000, and was thinking about what to do with the 1000 freed. Maybe I will do 1500/1500 CLA/UYZ -> technical manual trading and sentiment (not exactly, but close enough) manual trading. Maybe I will do the same with ERQ/NTI 1500/1500.

2 Likes

Euro dependency of my portfolio becomes apparent anytime Euro moves significantly :frowning: More than 30 pct ot my investments place bets almost always in the same direction. This is not good.

3 Likes

You get a drawdown, and you get a Drawdown, everyone gets a Drawdown!!! Sold OCD, UEI, SCQ. Note to self, avoid Darwins that don’t have hard risk controls. Increased LVS to 5k

1 Like

What are your expectations for darwins ?
I mean annualized return and max DD ?

Nothing in particular. I just want controlled risk. Slow bleeding DD is tolerable, but a smack of 10% per day loss is too jarring.

1 Like

And where is that -10% in one day on SCQ ?
Days are noise, let’s look to L1Y :
LVS +7% DD -24%
SCQ +26% DD -16%