CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. -- % of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.

My Live Portfolio - The What and The Why

It has to do with the mental effect it has on me. Nice earnings for a long time, and then BAM a large crash - usually what happens to loss averse Darwins. Maybe it is sustainable model of profiting for long term, but I personally will start feeling the itch to sell them during their poor performance periods - and I just want to buy and hold and rebalance once a month or so, without any sort of active management. I know myself, and I know that I can’t easily hold such darwins, so I avoid them as best as I can.

2 Likes

I think that this can apply to any darwin. For sure, low LA score darwins are more inclined to have sudden drop in price, but other darwin with high LA score can lead to big DD even if they do it in 2-3 months of losses: overall what really matters is if there is profit in the long run or not (and if time to recovery is not too long…). … To avoid those personal bias a well designed portfolio “B&H” is the better thing as you don’t have to worry of a sudden drop or in a long DD of some of the darwins in it.

1 Like

Woah, darwinex has some really low spreads/comission fees (though quite bad swap fees). I did not know that. I am moving my manual trading experiment to Darwinex.

5 Likes

Thank you very much! We’re always improving :grin:

4 Likes

I am seriously amazed @miguelrDarwinex. I was using Dukascopy, and they have significantly better swap rates than you, but on all other fronts, your fees are like 2x less. Amazing.

4 Likes

Is it just me, or was there an injection of LARGE amounts of investor capital last week or so? HCP, ERQ both got a huge investor capital boost from what I can see. Maybe those that left LVS are moving their capital somewhere else :thinking:

Also, by looking at ERQ, I think this ability to completely ignore the supported capital threshold when buying a darwin - so long as it is below the set threshold when buying - defeats the purpose of the threshold. @ignacio if you look at investor capital additions to ERQ, you can see the problem I am talking about. Maybe something to bring up at the next meeting?

4 Likes

Wow… I took some money of ERQ (took some off all of my portfolio - but thats another topic) and I guess contributed some in making way for this. From what I remember ERQ had around 165 investors so someone just invested big on it judging from the 163 investors at the time.

I cannot speak for HCP cause I dont follow it.

For sure we (investors of ERQ) are all gonna experience a hell of divergence now:/ I cannot imagine this being profitable for any of us - the limit should have been respected.

edit: look at SYO as well (+1mil), LVS has not lost much AUM lately

edit 2: HFD,OOA,YZZ got 0.5 mil each and KVL,ZXW,ASY,HCP,CWT 200K or so

5 Likes

Oh boy! I just looked at SYO… So it seems that big bucks have arrived

Edit: But we should find all those big bucks changes, to figure out what the big bucks think are profitable darwins…

3 Likes

Exact, there is a fat cat around that is investing in a systematic way but i cannot disclose his name because every investor deserves his privacy.

11 Likes

@yhlasx @asder34

I have asked my friends to sell part of their investments in ERQ and to invest in CWT which has a larger capacity. The investors’ capital in ERQ will be reduced to less than 1 M USD next week. I am also trying to gradually lower the divergence by other means.

6 Likes

syo

hfd ooa yzz erq

kvl bsl zxw cwt uyz hcp atl asy

BSL was in and out after ~ 2 hours

In my opinion the selection is discretionary becuase these darwins are investable but for very different reasons, don’t have so much in common.

2 Likes

My thanks! Another perspective is always welcome - especially since so much money is being risked, I should think this selection would be well thought out - thus worth analysing.

2 Likes

definitelly well thought…

5 Likes

Seems to do well enough during the recent slump as well.

4 Likes

Exact, and also the entry seems to make sense if we look to the portfolio chart, after a couple of months of stagnation.

4 Likes

Hmm… interesting. Do you guys think a good backtest of the portfolio is really significant?

I need to reconsider some things like waiting to buy KVL - I guess I can see the point of me needing to see the portfolio as a whole and not wait to buy a specific darwin if that might hurt the whole picture

2 Likes

It shows that there is an accurate study behind this investment, just a confirmation, people don’t move millions just beacuse of sympathy.

1 Like

This way of this investor makes sense but it does not mean that waitng a good entry on single darwins is wrong.

1 Like

Was there a tool available that given a specific portfolio of darwins can optimize the amounts invested in each (return wise) ?

Portfolio Optimization service

1 Like