CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 66 % of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.

New Order button disabled for Single Stock CFDs

Hi there,

I want to practise trading the s&p500, but the MT5 New Order button is always disabled.

I opened a demo account with Single Stock CFDs, and then downloaded MT5 and logged in.

The New Order button is always disabled, regardless of whether I log in with my master password or investor password.

Is there something obvious I’m missing here?

Hi there,

Please, be aware this is not a Support channel but a Support Forum.

In case you need any help from our staff you can write us to info@darwinex.com

Said this, it is very probable you are using the “investor” password instead of the “master/trading” password to log in, which you will find in the email we sent you when opening the trading account.

I hope this helps!

If you have a Stocks account the s&p 500 is not aviable for trading

.[quote=“WhiteKnight, post:1, topic:5061”]
I opened a demo account with Single Stock CFDs, and then downloaded MT5 and logged in.

The New Order button is always disabled, regardless of whether I log in with my master password or investor password.

Is there something obvious I’m missing here?
[/quote]

Hi @WhiteKnight,

Please note that Single Stock CFDs accounts allow you to trade only single stocks, if interested in trading S&P500 you’d need to choose “FX, indices and commodities” in the dropdown menu (see screenshot below).

I hope this proves helpful!

Thanks heaps, sorry I didn’t know you could trade the s&p 500 from a normal Forex account.

Also, is it possible to place a trade less than 1 lot for the spx500?