CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 66 % of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.

NIB - ReverbingWave

For the win percentage click on ¨Assets & Timeframes¨and look at the right side of the page.

When you trade with a high risk/leverage than usual, the Performance is punished, and sometimes even you make some profit in your underlying strategy, the Darwin show a loss…was it your case?

1 Like

Divergence is only visible to investors, it’s not added to Darwin’s performance.

And 2nd your VaR just dropped recently, it was not always that low, at the beginning it was even above 10% all the time, so Darwin would have traded with less risk then you most of the time.

1 Like

Yes, I used a higher leverage that day! Didn´t know it worked that way.

2 Likes

Thanks, yes, i had a high VaR. But I am speaking of Friday, the last trading day.
I guess its like @Forexintradiadarwin said, I used a higher leverage, that caused the effect.

I hope I get this Darwinex someday! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Hey guys,

even the longest summer will come to an end!
Just wanted to let you know, that my regular trading will resume with the beginning of September.

$$$,
Rev

1 Like

Didn´t knew, there was a new filter and am already included:
“Promising”
Thanks! And I like the egg with the crack… :grin:

2 Likes

Aaand…it´s gone!
Don´t worry folks, NIB looks even more promising, than last month, as a quick glance will tell you!
:wink:

I´m quite confident, that a new high is around the corner and will keep on working.
Low volatility of the recent time makes it a bit tough, to find trading opportunnities in short time frames, I found them, but had to move my trading more towards a scalping style, whith a negative effect on my Cp attribute. Hopefully markets and me will reverse this development in months to come.
NIB

Caution: Don´t try to “trade” my Darwins! If you did so and made a profit, it was just pure luck.
You don´t know, what I am up to today, nor tomorrow. If you buy my Darwins, please make sure, that you are willing and able, to let go of your beloved bucks for minimum six, better twelve months!
That is the time frame I am aiming at, to show a performance, that satisfies me.
NIB

1 Like

Great news for NIB !
While on Darwinex depressed by a lead-heavy EX attribute , the underlying strategy made a smash entry on rank 14 at Psyquation `s leader-bord, with a score of 80!
So proud…
Rock´n Roll!

Yes, i´m here! Could merely find any trades this week, due to extremely low vola.
Regular trading will resume, when thinds start moving again.

“thinds” are “things” of course, but board-software doesn´t let me correct the post.

Hi guys, Christmas and year-end are around a corner and I thought maybe I could be among the first with an end-of-year review… :wink:
For reasons of relevance and clarity, I don’t speak about my strategies here, but about the derived Darwins. Those interested in the details, know where to find them…
I started my day-trading NIB in January and swing-trading experiment NUN in February, so it’s not a full year I spent on Darwin ex so far, but I already met my performance target of 20% p.a. . 2018 was a very difficult year for me day-trading, due to the lack of volatility for extended periods. I spent many days in a row, watching, without putting on a single trade. Strange, as I describe myself as strict day-trader. As effect of the low vola my day-trading strategy NIB lags behind my swing-trading NUN and phases of inactivity can clearly be seen in my equity curve. I am confident, that volatility will return one day and day-trading will find its justification again.
Over the year I understood, that both my strategies combined, are equally valuable bricks for my account. Like two horses for one carriage: When one gets tired, the other one can compensate for it.

NUN…what can I say. It was a longtime dream, to do something quite opposite to day-trading and run a strategy, like I would as hedge fund manager. So I started this swing/long term experiment in February and at first it looked mediocre, to call it the best, but when I fine-tuned some screws and turned the chart upside down, I found some promising tracks off the woods… I discovered some very fresh things here and am so excited about all the improvements i’m still working on I want to implement over the time.
At this point I want to say, how much I thank my investors, which, despite my still average score, put real money on the table, to show how much they trust their judgment. You guys inspire and empower me very much and I’m so looking forward to the great things that will happen to us next year! Thank you!

A relaxing and inspiring holiday season and a great start 2019 to everyone!

(I copied this text in the thread for NIB too, so no need to click it)

1 Like

Happy first birthday NIB!
Today NIB`` ends its first year and now we can really see, what the yearly performance is:

32.57 %

As not every day is a sunny day with kids, we just can´t help, but love them!
All the best from Daddy and keep on the hardwork, to get a nice D-score, when your a grown up!

3 Likes

Just a short update and reminder:

After a bumpy start in 2019, NIB is looking to approach its all-time high and even a Darwinia participation is not completely out of reach, with a D-score of 60.1, while EX attribute is still onlly 7.5!
A CP attribute of only 0.5, guarantees an exclusiveness, every socially aware investor knows to appreciate. :wink:

1 Like

As the algo called “Risk Manager” here, is still unable to handle this strategy in an appopriate way, I will no longer support this Darwin. If you are interested to follow the pure underlying strategy, you can find it at the usual places of social trading. Thank you!

Funfact: To all out there wondering, how investors lose money: I did it, with my Darwins NIB and NOX, while I made money with the strategy.But at least the risk managar is happy. Priorities…

nib

So I wanted to teach the skin-in-the-game tawkers a lesson and shot myself in the back.
Ouch!

I appreciate your excellent judgement, Darwinia!