CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 66 % of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.

Number of bought contracts in MT5

Is it possible to buy 1 single SPX500 contract using MT5? In the darwinex help it says that it is possible to buy 1 contract, but then it says that the contract size is 10 X SPX500, so I’m not sure to understand.

I’m trying to manually buy a specific number of contracts in MT5, but I don’t get how to do it:

I have $10.000 in the demo account. I’d like to buy 4 SPX500 contracts (so, almost no leverage, as each contract is currently around $2580). In the MT5 interface I’m allowed only to put 1 lot, which translates to a volume of 10 contracts:

Then, in the darwinex underlying strategy it says that it has been D-Leveraged around 6.x

Questions:

1. I don’t get the calculations. If I have done 10 SPX500 contracts then it should be leveraged around 2.5 or something like that. If 1 contract==$2580, then 10 contracts ==$25800. If I have $10000 in the account, why it isn’t 2.5 D-leveraged?

2. Is there some way to manually introduce 4 contracts (to avoid leverage)? I can’t put for instance 0.1 in the MT5 interface.

1 Like

Hm, iirc dleverage is calculated from EURUSD volatility? So direct leverage even with a single asset != dleverage. Maybe I’m wrong.

About contract size, same on mt4. So if I want to trade 1 contract, I trade 0.1 size. If you can’t go below 1.0, then I don’t know

2 Likes

May be it is just not allowed in darwinex to trade 0.1 for SPX500 :?

https://www.darwinex.com/spreads/indices

4 Likes

Yep, I know that. Actually I want to trade 1 single contract (well, 4) and MT5 doesn’t allow me to do that. That’s what I don’t understand. May be the “Min. size (contracts)” means actually Lots?

Min. size is 1; that is the minimum you can trade. Multiply by Contract size = x10, so effective minimum trade size is 10 contracts, what means 1 in MT5.

Hope you understand

4 Likes

Thanks a lot. Perfectly understood now!

2 Likes

Hi @NemesisCraze ,

Just to clarify a bit.

Contract size 10xSPX500 means “a contract value is 10 times the S&P500 current price”.

For a price of $2.580, one lot equals to $25.800. :grin:

3 Likes