CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 66 % of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.

OldSchool invest on PGH

You already proved in the past you know what you do.

Looking fwd to PGH making it back where it belongs!

6 Likes

hi @CavaliereVerde, @VolcanoFX, @ignacio
OldSchool

3 Likes

Hi Investors on PGH,
its Friday!
one more week and things ( unfortunately) more or less the same, markets wining and rest is history, but “we” still fight, preparing the revenge better i can…, many thanks for those still trust, better days are coming…

a gr8 weekend for all, and i let here my “benchmarks”, PGH clear worst them all :frowning:
OldSchool

6 Likes

This is the kind of unbiased communication I like! :+1:
Really happy to be a PGH investor !
Keep on my friend!

5 Likes

Hi Investors in general and particular in PGH,
For professional reasons, I had few time available last times … and will be very limited until end of July (holidays included …:smile:), many happens here…. Few notes:
PGH since 8/05 performance is more than miserable! Exactly when it supposed to have a “good” one… sorry all, I’m so said (as all my investors), because I’m also losing on my accounts….

Unfortunately all is normal, markets also win…. (They normally win much more times than traders…) the only “good” point for me on this is “see” significant changes from my investors, that although this poor performance, in general add keep their investments…. traders need some times to “protect” profits and reduce risk ( in my case now a days automatically…) not the case of Darwins… ( i still have hope that Darwinex will be “forced” to change this…)

I feel said see some investor’s give-up ( at least some that post here their portfolios, as other we do not know…) I will use one example from one of my investors to tell my opinion on a point, every investors should have a goal before invest….(again…)

I invest generally (in my accounts…) on civil year basis, in this terms, imagine I have 10k to invest, I keep 9k in a bank to a +1,5% and invest 1k in forex. If keep all 10k on bank at end of year I will have won 150$. With that 1k I admit to lose maximum 40% and fight to win 60%.
If I lose those 40% I will have in my account +135$ + 9000$+ 600$ = 9735$ (instead of winning for sure 150$ I risk to lose 265$ (- 2,65%). If I win 60% I will have +135$ + 9000$+1000$+600$ = 10735$ (+ 7,35%) this is what I call return above average with minimum possible risk ( and my numbers have been above 2 digits profit for considerable years)…. I normally made this with more money and calculate with what I have available for 3 years cycle, but same “rules”… so invest in “me” for 1M,3M are perfectly random, could be good or bad….
Taking this in consideration invest in PGH during 8M and winning 22% is very good, what I not recommend for an investor on a trader like me ( 100% dependent and “on” markets… and trading for average yearly returns…) is increasing the investment 350% and closing it in 2M losing 9% ( more money than have been wining in 8M).
Normally very few traders in forex win money consistently, and with appropriate risk, with modesty, I can tell you that have this performance is not easy unless you increase significantly the risk… in something very, very danger that is forex… with this just to call attention (once again…) if your goals are for 1M, 3M , 6M most wisely decision is not to invest in PGH, (and recommend to think very well before you do it, if the risk you are taking worth it…)
Darwinex IA, “blog” posts, filters, etc… is much better now, congratulations… (My example D-Score from 70 to 50 in 1 month with same risk… dependent mainly on performance as it should!… ) Much “better”, in what real matters, information for investors decisions …

on PGH “benchmarks” 4 of 5 clear doing much better … (yes i still keep a eye on it…)
All the best,
OldSchool
PS: of course will keep fight as always for those 2 digits also in 2018 (LOL) :+1:

6 Likes

Hi there,
very nice “improvements” (several!) from Darwinex last times, in my opinion, congratulations!
awesome to “see” / analyse / etc!

although a very miserable first semester on 2018, one of worsts ever! (for me as trader… and for my investors), special because it is worst then first semester of 2017 what makes me very sad, and sincerely i do not expect… but it’s the game at is hardest times ( for me…).
hope i can do much better in second semester and that this fantastic investors on PGH want to keep their investment at least until the end of the year …

many thanks all and congratulations for all Darwinex team for the good work they are doing for alll…
OldSchool
PS: FANTASTIC! [quote=“javicolonbo, post:271, topic:349”]
From YTD DarwinexLabs has achieved 6% return
[/quote]

9 Likes

Hi there,
just to share a picture, maybe someone have not notice it…
normally the first half of the year has amplitudes greater than the second (picture of EURGBP as a reference example in my system …) with the political conditions in Europe, Brexit, etc, did not expect at all such a small amplitude on 2018, on the contrary expected “violent” fluctuations … reason to question what will be the rest of the year … my system needs “action” (LOL), we will see what happens …
OldSchool

4 Likes

Yes unfortunately, it is the Market that decides when we get paid, not us :wink:

We just have to be patient. with your record all investors need is Time and Patience

3 Likes

Hi @Muiris,
thanks, and welcome to Darwinex, all the best to your Darwin GOB

If you keep your promise you will have success @ Darwinex!
OldSchool

3 Likes

hi there,
this month better then last to… but nothing significant happens… markets still not in love with PGH… except that investors keep their investment on it, witch is awesome and new for me! thanks
OldSchool

6 Likes

PGH is one of the few gainers of July in my portfolio.
A disciplined recovery, nice job! :+1:

5 Likes

good I’m glad. the markets have been difficult to launch positive deals … many sudden changes due to Trump tweets … (LOL), and the system is forced to reverse many negative trades … but one little bird tell-me that “something” important that will change last months behavior will happen soon…
OldSchool

3 Likes

hi,
taking in consideration my post CavaliereVerde's live portfolio i received one email from one darwinex “investor” asking me what i consider essential in a trader or investor… not easy… i have answer him with words from something i read in 2009… ( not a very good site like many others, and long time ago… LOL) but this simple words means all and is all that maters to be successful trader and/or investor ( of course that what successful is also different for any of us…) i decide to let that words here… maybe they can be useful for someone… and for sure, with any strategies if you put them to work you will archive your “successful…”
OldSchool

3 Likes

Simple and true, but so very difficult to achieve in practice. Variance kills most traders

3 Likes

just a curiosity and some stats of my mt4 account on Darwinex, same time range… interesting for me :+1:

OldSchool

3 Likes

Riding on volatility :surfer:

2 Likes

Hi there,
its Friday! one more week, nothing significant change…, not even with “surprises” on NFP… ( where are all frenetic days of NFP???)
send by a “friend” about my post… abut trading risk analysis and probability…
i have nothing to do with “site” , author, etc… what i can see is that it is interesting to see, tell in a clear way the reality in a passionate and very clear way from the author… so as i can in did subscribe it content i decide to share it here with investors ( and traders…) just to think about the subject and evaluate it on yours strategies…
please have a nice weekend,
OldSchool

2 Likes

Every time I look, every time I remain disappointed… :confused:

2 Likes

After watching the correlation between volatility and the Darwin returns, wouldn’t be better to trade that Darwin’s strategy only when the moving average of the volatility is rising? In this way you’ll do less trades but the darwin will be more profitable, I guess.

1 Like

http://www.futuresmag.com/2015/04/15/equity-curve-analysis-fool’s-path

2 Likes