Congratulations to Darwinex and to this community, both are pretty cool IMO.
In this thread, I’ll be sharing my attempts at making money with Darwinex
The goal is to invest passively (buy&hold) in a reduced amount of solid and robust top Darwins.
During the first posts, I’d also like to contribute by
- Sharing my notes and learnings of all my Darwinex exploration so far, including the series of podcasts Javier Colón, co-founder of Darwinex, did on summer 2018 about Passive Investment (I’ve been told by Darwinex, such series include all the content of the previously offered passive investment online paid course). 13 Episodes of about 40 min each. In Spanish. Here.
- Sharing my Darwins’ analysis and thought process when building my portfolio.
I’ll try do my best to stick to the guidance/tips I’ve picked up from all the public educational content of Darwinex. At least during the first year. At the moment I have no reason to ignore the tips issued to new comers like me. They are very exhaustive, so I feel good about it.
I’ll try to make it as simple as possible and keep experimentation at very low levels. I’ve successfully invested, long term, in stocks for few years (not many, just 3: cy17 12.01%, cy18: 3.88%, cy19: 10.23%) so I’ll sort of try the same approach here: Study the fundamentals, pick some assets and stick with them for years (ofc, monitor and adjust when needed).
- Publish learnings and analysis in this conversation [I’ll do so during the next days]
- Build a portfolio and put in Demo for few weeks. Monitor, make sure I understand everything.
- Invest 10k eur and (unless something “fundamental” happens) don’t do any modifications for 1 year.
- Go from there
I started investing my engineer savings in stocks end of 2016. Through value/buy&hold kinda investing.
About a year and half ago I started pursuing the quest of becoming a trader. I manually trade FDAX/FDXM. At the moment I’ve invested some hundreds of hours and lost some money (not much, I simulated a lot and kept the leverage low since I am still learning). I may open up another threat sharing more details about my trading, I am not anywhere close to open a Darwin but it shouldn’t hurt to document and share the process of how I am becoming a trading… Will see.
I am quite passionate about investing and more recently very much interested in trading, so I feel like Darwinex is a good place for me to be. I must admit, I am having fun exploring Darwinex and I am excited to be part of the community and kickoff my live account.