CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. -- % of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.

Performace fees affect the statistics?

If my portfolio is up i january and I bought the Darwins i january, will the performace fees for this make an impact for the %-number I can see 3 months later?
feeStats

1 Like

Welcome to the forum @JensTrade!

To answer your question, retained or paid performance fees won’t affect portfolio return data.

Also relevant to know is that performance fees get retained or charged on the amount in the “Available” section of the portfolio (not on the amount “Invested”).

Thanks for the welcome!

So I need to look at “performace fees” when quater ends and look at Open P&L on each Darwin to calculate what I need. Open P&L will reset when the fee is paid?

What happens if my “available” amount is to small?

Quarterly performance fee payments for open investments won’t change your open P&L but rather get charged on your “Available”. Should your Available be too small, it will enter into negative until you close some open investment. Let me know if this helps!

1 Like

Does that mean the charts we see for each Darwin with their return, do not include performance fees? In other words, the NET return I would have had investing in a given Darwin is always going to be smaller than the return shown in its main return chart?

What about the brokerage fees (+rebates)?

2 Likes

On the Darwin’s chart you don’t see performance fees. You’re right, the net return of an investor is less by performance fee and could be less by divergence if divergence is negative.

Swaps and broker fees are part of the Darwin’s price. Your individual net performance of a Darwin investment is the base for your personal performance fee calculation which is taken from your investment account. Rebates depend on the combination of Darwins you hold and cannot be part of your Darwin’s value.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum @Qaytarlah!

Yes, the DARWIN’s curve – on the DARWN’s page – shows notional return (without divergence, without performance fees). You can use the DARWIN backtesting tool to see actual return including investor divergence and net of performance fees.

As mentioned by @IlIlIlIlI, execution fees are already factored into the DARWIN’s notional return.

I hope this helps!

2 Likes

Crystal clear! Thank you very much both :)!

3 Likes

I can now answer myself, the return curve makes a dip 3 months later.