CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 64 % of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.

PXB - Pegasus FX

DARWIN NAME: PXB

PXB OCTOBER 2019 TOTAL: [ +5.13 % ]

PXB strategy had a positive October with a gain of +5.13 %

There where only 2 breakouts this month with both of them reaching full profit targets.

This is the first positive month since June, coming out of the drawdown we were suffering.
As I alluded to last month, I have slightly tweaked the profit targets which I believe will tighten up strategy and limit the drawdown periods/levels while still providing us good asymmetric returns.

PXB strategy is up to +17.02% for the year 2019. Drawdown remains at -7.33% (at time of writing)

VIEW PXB FULL TRADE STATISTICS HERE: www.darwinex.com/darwin/PXB.4.3/

DARWIN NAME: YBE

YBE OCTOBER 2019 TOTAL [ +0.36 % ]

YBE strategy had a slightly positive month with a gain of +0.36 %

The strategy had a total of 16 volatility breakout trades this month. 3 trades hit full TP, 7 where losses and the remaining 6 hit breakeven.

YBE strategy is up slightly to +12.52% for the year 2019 and +16.58% in total. Drawdown remains at -11.99% ( at time of writing)

VIEW YBE FULL TRADE STATISTICS HERE: www.darwinex.com/darwin/YBE.4.21/

2 Likes

Weekly update on Darwin PXB

SUN 03.11.2019 - FRI 08.11.2019 [+3.06 %]

LEARN ABOUT OUR STRATEGY HERE: www.pegasus-fx.com/our-strategy

2 Likes

SUN 10.11.2019 - FRI 15.11.2019 [+0.00 %]

1 Like

SUN 17.11.2019 - FRI 22.11.2019 [-1.05 %]

2 Likes

PXB NOVEMBER 2019 TOTAL: [ -0.26 % ]

PXB strategy had a slightly negative November with a loss of -0.26 %

There where a total of 5 breakout trades this month with one hitting full TP, and the remaining four being losses. The strategy was able to limit the overall percentage loss for this month, due to it’s asymmetric risk/reward setups.

Last month I decided to slightly tweak the RRR of the strategy to limit the effect of losses during a month like this and it has worked well in this instance. Also, this change in the RRR has meant our VaR has reduced down to 10.93% from 13.16%

PXB strategy is down slightly to +16.71% for the year 2019. Drawdown remains at -7.33% (at time of writing)

1 Like

SUN 01.12.2019 - FRI 06.12.2019 [-1.01 %]

3 Likes

2019 End of Year report on Darwin PXB

Due to thinning liquidity and unpredictable price moves during the Christmas and New Year period, I stopped trading for 2019 this Friday 13th Dec (Trading will resume again from Monday 6th January 2020) . PXB Darwin had a return of +14.79 % (Drawdown of -7.33 %) for 2019, which I am pleased with. The PXB underlying strategy had a return of +27.84 % with a drawdown of -16.51 %

The strategy’s asymmetric risk/reward setups worked well, as we only had a 36.96% win rate. The average size of our winning trades are larger vs losing ones by nearly 3:1 as shown below:

PXB%20-%20TRADE%20STATS

*I am happy with the high scores the strategy received in relation to Risk criteria such as RS / RA / R- / LA. Making sure that mine and investor funds are looked after properly is my first focus always.

My Experience (Ex) score is low, which is due to the fact this strategy only trades between 3 - 5 times a month on average, which is at a much lower trade frequency than a lot of other Darwins. By my estimation it will take approximately 7 years in total before I reach full Ex level. This low Ex may affect my chances of obtaining potential investment, but I personally regard the amount of years trading, combined with performance, risk management and consistency as a true barometer of a good strategy/trader. We’ll see how this plays out over the long term, as I only have 1 year of track record under my belt.*

I would like to wish the Darwinex Community as well as others reading this post an early Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Years in both your trading and life goals.

For those of you who may be interested, earlier this year I started a thread on the Trading topics page called CHAT WITH TRADERS Podcasts, which is a popular series of podcasts where the host Aaron Fifield interviews well renowned traders about their stories and the processes that led to them being successful.

I really do believe these podcasts are an invaluable resource and something the Darwinex community can benefit from, as most of these successful traders started off just like we are, and have grown to make/generate millions to billions for themselves and investors as well as opening up their own funds and becoming financially free. During this holiday period, if you have some down time, check out some of these podcasts. There are golden nuggets of tips and advice littered amongst them.

To view the thread click here

6 Likes

AWESOME work Pegasus! Wishing you and yours a wonderful holiday season and a continuing prosperous New Year my friend! xxx

1 Like

this is unacceptable. Experience does not do what it set out to do.

it should be replaced with time of 1 yr. add up to 10 and be done with it.

madness, that some strategies get punished for zero reason

4 Likes

@ HolygrailGuru - Thank you for the kind words. Wishing you a prosperous New Year’s too.

@ Muiris - Yes it is a bit frustrating being a low frequency trader and how this affects my Ex score. But on the other hand I understand and respect how Darwinex manage the Ex attribute. I think its something which they cant please everyone on. I just have to aim and hope firstly that my trading performance continues positively, then investors will see my Darwin as investable after they conduct their own due diligence.

4 Likes

Agree with you. Winning Darwinia prizes is almost impossible with that Ex and you can also be out of the view for some potential investors, due to filtering by D-Score.
Although I think Ex is fair (sorry, I studied statistics for the financial markets, it’s hard to convince me that a sample of 40 trades is robust… professional bias :slight_smile: ), I think that your results for this year are amazing. A couple of years like this 2019, and you will be at the top. Well done and good luck!

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Experience Investable Attribute

@ FedericoSellitti - Thanks for the kind words. And I am in agreement with you regarding the 40 trades small sample size. I definitely am looking towards 2-3 years of track record before being fully comfortable approaching investors directly.

3 Likes

SUN 05.01.2020 - FRI 10.01.2020 [-0.91 %]

3 Likes

SUN 12.01.2020 - FRI 17.01.2020 [-0.28 %]

2 Likes

SUN 19.01.2020 - FRI 24.01.2020 [+2.41 %]

4 Likes

PXB JANUARY 2020 TOTAL: [ +3.34 % ]

PXB strategy had a positive start to the year with a January return of +3.34 %

There where a total of 5 breakout trades this month with one hitting full TP, one ending up breakeven, and the remaining three being losses, again benefiting from our asymmetric risk/reward setups.

The risk manager worked well this month on the Darwin, with my breaken trade bringing a return of +0.69% and reducing one of our losses to -0.28% (usually PXB Darwin losses are on average -1%). I am not sure if this is due down to the new Risk Manager changes that where implemented by Darwinex this month so will keep a close eye on this.

PXB strategy is up to +18.62% overall. Drawdown remains at -7.33% (at time of writing)

5 Likes

Weekly update on investment Darwin PXB

SUN 02.02.2020 - FRI 07.02.2020 [+3.41 %]

LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR STRATEGY HERE: pegasus-fx.com

2 Likes

SUN 09.02.2020 - FRI 14.02.2020 [-1.27 %]

LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR STRATEGY HERE: pegasus-fx.com

2 Likes

SUN 16.02.2020 - FRI 21.02.2020 [+0.00 %]