CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 66 % of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.

[Recommended Reading] For the Aspiring Quantitative Trader / Curious Investor

Hi all!
I have less than 2 years experience with R, mostly focused on datascience and finance, now that I feel comfortable with the language, finally decided to start learning Python, and want to buy two books. One of them will be “Fluid Python: clear, concise and effective programming”,
For the other, I considered the list posted here.
Which one would you choose? If so, why?
I’ll apreciate any feedback, thanks!

• Python Data Science Handbook: Essential Tools for Working with Data
  • Mastering Pandas for Finance
  • Python for Finance: Analyze Big Financial Data

0 voters

1 Like

Disclaimer : Haven’t yet dug about the author / content. Do your own due diligence.

Let me suggest this book :

The author, Christoph Molnar, focuses on the need to have Machine Learning models explainable / interpretable (aka "XAI").

Extra documentation :

This is a big point. :slight_smile:
It is much more easy to be a consultant or educator than a money manager.
We live in a world of consultants and advisors .
Everyone is full of wisdom to execute on someone else money…
To be more credible you have to turn you ideas into a business with your time and money.
This is the reason I apreciate writers like Ernest Chan , he is not just a quant and a scholar, but also a trader and a money manager.

3 Likes

Indeed, this is a mandatory filter to sort through all the characters :sweat_smile: !

1 Like