CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 66 % of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.

SCQ - TheCrow68

Ah ok, understood…would prob making more sense when it actually can indentify if the trader is holding loosing positions much longer than he/she did before

1 Like

TBH you have a losing position on eurusd that run til -6% while usually nothing went below -3% , but I know that it can happen. :slight_smile:

Well, yes in my case on this special day all EAs were firing at the same time (which rarely happens) and all went wrong. :see_no_evil:

1 Like

The good news is that La is fast also with recovery.

2 Likes

@TheCrow68 hi again! Do you plan to change your strategy to prevent open orders during weekends to avoid a scenario like last weekend gap?

1 Like

Hello @yhlasx, sorry for responding not earlier, you know these christmas parties could be very time consuming :joy:
Actually, I looked a bit more deeply into the strategies and reduced the lot size a little in case they will be firing at the same time again. Also will check manually on a friday in case we have a big news event over the weekend and may close them partially to reduce risk.
Hope this helps.
Regards

Edit: I still believe too much fiddling the trade, cherry picking, discretionary involvement does not help in the long run, especially as I want to create a portfolio of EAs which runs in parallel to my discretionary trading. hope this makes sense :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can understand that - hence I am asking about changing the underlying EAs themselves to not have open trades when market is closed.

@yhlasx that would mean no more trades on friday afternoon which reduce the number of trades hence the overall profit it will make. It has been tested on 99.9% accuracy data and over a time period of about 15 yrs. My best guess is, there were times when holding over the weekend gives us some $ and times when the market takes $ from us. I doubt that in the long run holding over the weekend is increasing the risk to the EA portfolio. But as requested I will monitor in closely on an friday afternoon not being overexposed during the weekend.
Hope this helps.:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello everyone,
time for another monthly performance update for SCQ for the month of December 2018.

Summary:
SCQ started with a another DD into the month of December which caused it to fall from +38% down to +27%ish but ending up the month on a positive note (+32.5%), managing to reduce the DD down to - 4%ish.

Markets:
Markets have been a little wild starting Mid December by a free fall in the stock markets which had some knock on effect in terms of “risk on” - “risk off” trading. Volatitlity picked up quite rapidly which was even reinforced by the lower volume at the end of the year. Overall it prob was an ok decision to suspend SCQ from trading the last 3 days of the year.

Risk:
With regards to some risk mitigation which was requested by some Customers I reduced the position size for the more riskier pairs and closed my trading for this year on SCQ before christmas.

Composition:
No additions this months.

Results for 2018:
The underlying strategy managed to achieve a performance of 22.5% by a 7% DD (SCQ had 32.5% by 15.5% DD) which would make me a happy camper when achieving this kind of performance every year. :sweat_smile:

Forecast 2019:
Looking forward to the next year with SCQ achieving an above average performance by relative small DD.

Kind Regards and all the best to you for the year 2019

3 Likes

Hello everyone,
time is passing by fairly quickly :sweat_smile: and it is time for another wrap.

Summary:
SCQ still in DD mode but the last month ended on a positive note. EURUSD was in a tight range with a lot of back and forth action which the EAs really dont like very much. :grin:I assume we may get some more directional movement in the month to come.

Markets:
Shrinking volatility was most of the time the major theme. Even NFP last Friday did not really do much to the market, FOMC did help somehow.

Risk:
no changes this month.

Composition:

Kind Regards and good trading to everyone. :+1:

1 Like

Hello everyone,
sorry for being late for this month.

Summary:
SCQ still in DD mode with the worse month so far. Not the most funniest month for investors so far but as I said earlier, I will be here for the long run. The underlying real account is still looking ok from a DD point of view. Nothing wich makes investors happy but I trust in this combination of EAs. Lets see what the month of March has got to offer. At least it was a profitble start. :slight_smile:

Markets:
Volatitlity still low but this is most likely to change in the month ahead.

Risk:
no changes this month.

Composition:

Kind Regards and good trading to everyone

2 Likes

Hello everyone,
please find below the monthly summary for SCQ for the month of March.

Summary:
We had a good start of the races in March (+10% ish) and I was actually thinking to stop it there get a good month on the scoreboard. I refused to do so as my promise still stands there not to touch it and do its thing. At the end of the month we went slightly into red territory which really bothers me. But what can I do? :smile:

Markets:
Volatitlity still incredibly low but I still believe this will change over time.

Risk:
No changes this month. I maybe adding more money into the account to show my confidence into the systems at work.

Composition:

1 Like

Hello everyone,
sorry for being late on this month, pretty busy with a lot of things. Please find below the monthly summary for SCQ for the month of April.

Summary:
After 6 months of loosing the EA portfolio should be due for a pullback. We had a decent start off the races for the month of May and I still do trust these EAs (how much can you trust a bloody machine? :joy:

Markets:
Volatitlity still incredibly low but it looks to me thats it is picking up a little. .

Risk:
No changes this month.

Composition:

1 Like