CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 66 % of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.

Should only certain brokers pass the track record migration test

Sorry, I forgot to mention: if a given track record contains too many trades in an asset we don’t offer, we don’t allow the migration (we do not run an analysis if more than 5 % of the profits were made with assets that are not available on our broker).

I hope this helps!

2 Likes

Ok but there is a whole universe of strategies trading more than 20 pips and without execution problems.
Even if my darwins have been remodeled, trading publicly here since 2 years is very different from migrating a private trackrecord.
IMO discipline and self control matter more than execution and matter for all kind of strategies.

BTW everyone can verify the model looking to the underlying strategy chart.

1 Like

According to my experience based on comparative tests with my portfolio of 15 brokers, Darwinex being in a majority of cases better than other brokers, statistically an imported track-record would rather have a handicap.

Obviously, there are special cases. A track-record of scalping from FXCM would have no value, since the commission is not indicated according to standard MT4.

One of the key advantages of Darwinex is its method of paying traders. A scammer who wants to manipulate the system will not do anything, because he must first generate a gain for 3 months before receiving a penny.

Frankly for me this history of reliability of migrated track-records is not a major topic.

2 Likes

I agree, scamming here is pointless, but can be misleading for investors.

2 Likes

Thanks, I didn’t know that you have a mechanism in order to prevent the worst. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think this is the right moment to BUMP this suggestion.
Interesting that the initial poster was @TheMarketBank :wink:

2 Likes

This is already so.

Each migration is reviewed on a case by case basis.

1 Like

The more I think about it though the harder it is to guarantee that the trading conditions of the track record account could match, or even be similar to that of Darwinex.

It would still be good to somehow at least reassure investors that track records were obtained through honest (or at least as far as we know) brokers, possibly by only allow track records that were created on brokers which are regulated by certain authorities such as the FCA. Just thinking out loud.

2 Likes

Also note that at the time I have proposed the following as a potential solution, which should protect all investors, and it kind of makes the difference in broker conditions a moot point as it will require for the trader to proof that he / she can trade on Darwinex before any investment into the DARWIN is allowed:

3 Likes

For example I think that your TMB is a very good and investable darwin but it was very un-wise for 140 investors to jump in despite your recommendations and without waiting a couple of months.

1 Like