CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 66 % of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.

Stop loss question

Hi there im new, site looks great

I only trade with TP and SL, they are automatic and fully reliable right? i cant tell as of yet but i am testing on demo, but if im going to be investing i need full advise that its all safe. also i cant quite tell if i leave an investment for 6months if all that upwards trends profit is locked in or not? is it a trailing SL? e.g if i invest 1000£ with a SL of 10% , 6 months later im in total up 1500 and then theres a 11% drop, i presume it stops the trade and I take home 1400something , right? thanks I hope its not going to wait until it hits original 900£…

NO unfortunatelly. :slight_smile:

If you want you can trail it once per month doing some calculations with the quote.

thanks, thats okay, that just means i need to set TP and keep re setting TP’s right? im okay with that

Heya i am still new and i am struggling to find good deep information. that works for me.

struggling to find darwins i want to invest in. id love any advise, i have few questions.

i mean… ive searched all day.

some darwins are odd…

only found 2 or three i like .

SCS SJK and GPN

one question is, ive just looked at GPNs information, and it says, max DD 7.92% but when i look and study the graph i find areas of much bigger drops in price, i must be mis understanding? i see peaks on that graph, where if one were to buy there, they would suffer a much bigger DD than then 7? thanks hope you can help

It is quite evident the you are new… :slight_smile:
I suggest you not to trust migrated stuff, results after migration are disappointing in 95% of times.
Realistic DD for darwins is 15-20%.

SKJ is a good darwin but do you know the meaning of -3% monthly divergence?

1 Like

thanks for helping

I dont know what migration means, I also dont know what that means. SKJ is may fave tbh

all i have formulately so far as a play is for example with SKJ to buy in, and set SL for 10% as SKJ is average 5%DD? and TP at 2% then every time it breaks 2% just reset, thats my current plan anyway

1 Like

https://community.darwinex.com/tags/migration

http://help.darwinex.com/darwinex-for-investors/investor-divergence
https://community.darwinex.com/tags/divergence

Enjoy the reading! :wink:

2 Likes

I recommend to spend at least a month (at least, minimum! better if you can wait longer) of actively playing around on Demo.

I spent one month on demo on etoro 6 years ago, than I lost 2k :smile:
Now I recommend one year…

1 Like

I am down around 1k+ as well at the moment from investing on darwinex - though the process of losing has taught me much. I personally would not have learned those lessons had I lost demo money only. I suppose much also depends on the amount of previous knowledge/experience.

1 Like