CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 66 % of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.

The Dunning-Kruger Effect in Trading

I think every trader in this community could benefit from studying this, assessing themselves against it, and thinking in terms of this effect prior to engaging in any kind of exchange, debate, etc.

All of us demonstrate it - some appreciate this about themselves, others don’t, that’s the nature of things.

As long as we appreciate its validitity in our own cognitive disposition, and that of others, I feel we will improve the current level of communication on this forum and elsewhere in our professional, personal and social circles.

Please give this serious thought and practical consideration - thank you :thumbsup:

10 Likes

Congrat for this link.

Now we can put a word on the curious series witch guide us from Dwex1 disaster to Dwex2 catastroph.

It was the Dunning-Kruger Effect !

(Sorry about trash humour). :innocent:

3 Likes

Not sure I follow, perhaps I’m not sophisticated enough to interpret the sophistication of said humour :wink:

See what I did there… Dunning-Kruger process… hehe :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Ah yes.
The utter bliss of simple psychology based in truth, reality, and what he truly know.
The thing is, when it comes to career advancement, trading, business development, and becoming the best “you” that you can possibly be in this world, oftentimes we have to “fake it until you make it” and believe what others might say is not yet “true” to make it true in the near future.

For my case, this is not a psychological problem. It is being positive and confident about skills I am improving and trust will pay off over the next 6 to 12 months.

1 Like

Trading has zero to do with intelligence

2 Likes

Brilliant video on the subject!

1 Like

Let me suggest this related concept :

A bit of fun about it :slight_smile: :

1 Like