CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 66 % of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.

The Maximum STAGNATION

We know and understand the Maximum drawdown. It is the maximum fall down without condition of time, the worst loss since inception. It is a good thing.

It misses a data even more important that maxDD: The Maximum Stagnation !! Or the maximum Time DD.

Do you prefer a darwin with a max DD of -20% and a max Stagnation of 2 months

OR

Do you prefer a darwin with a max DD of -10% and a max Stagnation of 2 years ?

The maximum stagnation is so easy to calculate. It is the number of days (weeks, months, years) between the last two high water mark (static method) or between the current HWM and the current price (dynamic data).

The max stagnation is a sort of recovery factor but simply a time notion. It is important for me and surely for investors.

More you take risk (example of grid strategy) and more you could expect a max stagnation short but not for a long time.

Grid strategy will have big max DD and long max stagnation.

5 Likes

Already asked more than one year ago…

BTW as investor is even worse, I have to calculate manually also DD of my portfolio…

5 Likes

It has been forwarded, you can be sure of it now! :wink:

2 Likes