CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 66 % of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.

YBE & PXB - Pegasus FX

WHO WE ARE
Hello and welcome to Pegasus FX. We allow investors the opportunity to generate returns by investing in our trading strategies which operate on the Forex market. We currently have two Darwins operating on the Darwinex exchange YBE & PXB.

OUR STRATEGY
Our trading strategy combines Breakout & Volatility Analysis. Some of the oldest, simplest and most successful trading systems we believe are breakout systems. We trade breakouts on corrective wave pattern support & resistance price levels within selected markets.

By focusing on these types of breakouts, our aim is to get in on the side of the momentum of the market. This enables us to either trade with an established trend or catch a reversal in the market.

We use dynamic Stop Loss management on all our trades that enable us to lock in profits and minimize losses.

Both YBE & PXB Darwins incorporate our Breakout Analysis methodology. They differ in terms of the input parameters used within them i.e. profit targets, dynamic stop loss distances, time frames traded and so forth.

DARWINEX
The legal framework Darwinex provides traders like ourselves to access third-party capital is an exceptional opportunity in this day and age that we are all fortunate to benefit from.

Not only is Darwinex a great trading platform but also an excellent community. I have learned a lot myself just from reading numerous Darwinex community topics. I hope and aim to contribute to the community via this thread, by sharing the Pegasus FX trading journey.

This is a marathon, not a sprint. Drawdowns and periods of losses are inevitable. Our aim is to be consistent with our trading strategy so that our edge can play out over the long term.

FURTHER INFORMATION
We are here to provide you with more information and answer any questions you may have. We look forward to hearing from you.

www.pegasus-fx.com

4 Likes

Hello @PegasusFX4,

Wish you the best for your DARWINs !

Hello SECURIX. Thank you much appreciated

1 Like

DARWIN NAME: YBE

YBE SUMMARY
YBE APRIL 2019 TOTAL: [+6.39 %]

YBE APRIL 2019 REVIEW: YBE strategy had a good performance this month with a return of +6.39%. Strategy caught 3 good breakouts which hit full TP and offset our losses for the month by utilising positive asymmetric risk reward ratio we implement across all trades. At one stage the strategy was up +9% for the month but suffered a couple of losses towards the end of the month. Losses would have been more but our dynamic Stop Loss management minimised these potential losing trades to break even. YBE strategy is up to +10.54% for the year (*at time of writing)

YBE 2019 ANNUAL TOTAL: [+10.54 %]

YBE DARWIN GRAND TOTAL: [+14.83 %]

DARWIN NAME: PXB

PXB SUMMARY
PXB APRIL 2019 TOTAL: [-0.26 %]

PXB APRIL 2019 REVIEW: PXB strategy suffered a small loss of -0.26% this month. Although not a positive month we are satisfied with just a small loss. The use of our dynamic Stop Loss to lock in small profits for trades that broke out but didn’t reach their respective Target Profit helped offset the losses we had on this strategy for April. PXB strategy is slightly down to +6.72% for the year (*at time of writing)

PXB 2019 ANNUAL TOTAL: [+6.72 %]

PXB DARWIN GRAND TOTAL: [+6.72 %]

2 Likes

YBE MAY 2019 TOTAL: [+0.87 %]

https://res.cloudinary.com/dsgkdgb0i/image/upload/v1559316096/YBE_-_31.05_p3cj9w.png

YBE MAY 2019 REVIEW:
YBE strategy made a small gain of +0.87% for May 2019.

There was a total of 13 trades this month. Two trades hit full TP to help offset 6 losses suffered, the strategy benefitting from our positive asymmetric risk/reward setups.

Our Dynamic Stop Loss management helped us lock in remaining 5 trades to above breakeven point, mitigating potential losses as well as generating small returns which ultimately aided YBE strategy in ending this month positively.

Two of the losses YBE strategy suffered where due down to slippage which, even though is a part of trading, is still frustrating. These two slippage losses cost the strategy -3.26%

On our EA�s, we use a slippage control function for our PXB strategy that makes the dynamic stop loss management we utilise help offset slippage by locking in trades earlier to breakeven (* done by factoring in how much price has slipped on entry). This dynamic slippage control works well on PXB strategy because PXB trades on higher timeframes & has larger profit targets, which gives the dynamic stop loss more room to manoeuvre. However, YBE strategy trades on shorter time frames with smaller Take Profit targets, which means the dynamic SL function has shorter distances to move.

If we had applied the slippage control function on YBE strategy this month, we would not have lost those two trades and ended the month +4.13% instead of +0.87%

The reason we do not utilise the slippage control function on YBE strategy is the concern that it could potentially close potential winning trades too early to break even, thus not giving them the room to move and hit full TP, which is integral to our asymmetric risk/reward trade setups. Another reason why we do not use slippage control function is that trades that are affected by slippage do not happen too often. Since September 2018 when we started, we have made 119 trades on YBE strategy and this slippage problem has occurred 4 times. (*We record all of our trades in a trading journal)

What we plan to do from June next month is trade YBE strategy on a private live account (via Darwinex) using the Slippage control function on the Dynamic Stop-Loss. We will run this until the end of the year (7 months total) and compare the results to see if this is something we should consider implementing into YBE strategy for 2020 and onwards.

YBE strategy is up slightly to +11.77% for the year. Drawdown remains at -11.99%

YBE SUMMARY
YBE MAY 2019 TOTAL: [+0.87 %]
YBE 2019 ANNUAL TOTAL: [+11.77 %]

YBE DARWIN GRAND TOTAL: [+15.83 %]

VIEW YBE FULL TRADE STATISTICS HERE: www.darwinex.com/darwin/YBE.4.21/

LEARN ABOUT OUR STRATEGY HERE: www.pegasus-fx.com/our-strategy

PXB MAY 2019 TOTAL: [+7.01 %]

https://res.cloudinary.com/dsgkdgb0i/image/upload/v1559316113/PXB_-_31.05_cyxets.png

PXB MAY 2019 REVIEW:
PXB strategy had a good performance this month with a return of +7.01%

4 breakout trades in total this month with 2 losses and 2 wins which generated the net +7.01% return, the PXB strategy utilising our asymmetric risk/reward framework. The last trade that hit full TP came yesterday on the last day of the month.

PXB strategy is up to +14.20% for the year. Drawdown remains at -5.39%

PXB SUMMARY
PXB MAY 2019 TOTAL: [+7.01 %]
PXB 2019 ANNUAL TOTAL: [+14.20 %]

PXB DARWIN GRAND TOTAL: [+14.20 %]

VIEW PXB FULL TRADE STATISTICS HERE: www.darwinex.com/darwin/PXB.4.3/

2 Likes

YBE JUNE 2019 TOTAL: [+5.52 %]

YBE JUNE 2019 REVIEW:
YBE strategy had a good performance for June 2019 with a gain of +5.52%

There was a total of 10 wave formation breakout trades this month. 3 trades hit full TP, 3 where losses and the remaining 4 hit breakeven with the help of our dynamic Stop Loss management. Again we are able to benefit from the asymmetric RRR we adopt across all of our trades, cutting losses early and letting our winners run.

YBE strategy is up to +22.58% for the year 2019 and +27.03% in total. Drawdown remains at -11.99%

YBE SUMMARY
YBE JUNE 2019 TOTAL: [+5.52 %]
YBE 2019 ANNUAL TOTAL: [+22.58 %]

YBE DARWIN GRAND TOTAL: [+27.03 %]

PXB JUNE 2019 TOTAL: [+4.61 %]

PXB JUNE 2019 REVIEW:
PXB strategy had another positive month, following up from last month, with a gain of +4.61% for June 2019.

*There was only 3 trades for the strategy this month, with our tracking of specific wave formation support & resistance levels producing these 3 opportunities. 1 trade hit full TP, 1 was a loss and the remaining trade was locked in for a small gain, utilising our dynamic Stop Loss management which in turn covered the 1 loss we had. The 1 win was able to net us the +4.61% with PXB strategy utilising well our positive risk/reward framework. *

PXB strategy is up to +20.11% for the year 2019. Drawdown remains still at -5.39%

PXB SUMMARY
PXB JUNE 2019 TOTAL: [+4.61 %]
PXB 2019 ANNUAL TOTAL: [+20.11 %]

PXB DARWIN GRAND TOTAL: [+20.11 %]

Finally I recently wrote a post on the Trading Topics Community page about bad trading habits and how I best manage them. I hope my experience can help other traders highlight their own bad trading habits they may have and how best to manage them. To read the post click here

Thanks for reading

2 Likes

Great job, @PegasusFX4 !

2 Likes

As always thanks for the positive words SECURIX :+1:t5:

1 Like

YBE JULY 2019 TOTAL: [-3.85 %]

YBE JULY 2019 REVIEW :
YBE strategy suffered a losing month with a -3.85 % loss.

It was a tough July, with the markets we trade going through choppy price movements. The whipsaws in price action led to a number of false breakouts. Although our dynamic Stop Loss management helped minimize losses, we were unable to hit full TP more than once this month.

*There was a total of 17 volatility breakout trades this month. 1 trade hit full TP, 7 where losses and the remaining 9 hit breakeven which greatly limited our losses. (One of our breakeven trades was 1 pip away from hitting full TP which would have led to a positive month due to the RRR framework we use on each trade. Frustrating, but is part and parcel with trading).

UPDATES >> In my May post I highlighted that I would be monitoring my slippage control function. I have decided I will implement it from now on, as from a defensive point if view it helps limit losses better than having it switched off, my trading journal records have shown me.

*I have also implemented a multiple order function that I hope will increase YBE’s capacity. I read this post a while ago and that is what I will do now. So for example, instead of placing one order for 0.05 mini lots, it will place 5 orders for 0.01 mini lots each. *

YBE strategy is down to +12.81% for the year 2019 and +16.90% in total. Drawdown remains at -11.99%

YBE SUMMARY
YBE JULY 2019 TOTAL: [-3.85 %]
YBE 2019 ANNUAL TOTAL: [+12.81 %]

YBE DARWIN GRAND TOTAL: [+16.90 %]

PXB JULY 2019 TOTAL: [-3.11 %]

PXB JULY 2019 REVIEW :
PXB strategy had a negative month, with a loss of -3.11 % for July 2019.

*There where 5 breakout trades for the strategy this month. 1 trade locked in for BE (which for PXB is the same equivalent % as a loss) and the other 4 trades where losses. Again choppy price affected us, especially yesterday when whipsaws before the FOMC statement caused 2 of our 4 losses. *

PXB strategy is down to +15.75% for the year 2019. Drawdown remains still at -5.39%

PXB SUMMARY
PXB JULY 2019 TOTAL: [-3.11 %]
PXB 2019 ANNUAL TOTAL: [+15.75 %]

PXB DARWIN GRAND TOTAL: [+15.75 %]

INVEST IN PEGASUS-FX HERE: www.pegasus-fx.com/invest

2 Likes