CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 66 % of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.

ZeroMQ- MQL4/5 Python Communication

Hi there, in order to make python mql conenction I have started with the template you provided. I chose mql5 to start with, Needed to make small edits in code.

My questions are: when getting rates, if I make a request each second (or more, tried up to 20) I get rates at the 4th or 5th try. Is this normal?

second, if I send execution order- using the template as it is, mt5 crashes.

is this expectable when I use mql5?

third, I followed same procedures with mql4. while mql5 connection not working. This time, it is not working, somehow mql4 did not respond. remote_send method does not turn an error but freezes.

ea is on open to trade mode, live.

I am trying learning, apparently need some help over, where should I look for answers, what might be going wrong.

regards,

Edit: Mql4 freeze problem has ben resolved, problem was apparently DLL permissions. Now my question is how can I resolve crashing problem of both MQL4/5.

2 Likes

Hi @gurhan,

Good to hear you’re working through interfacing your Python environment with MetaTrader.

Please note that the templates you’re using were exactly that - templates, i.e. they serve to demonstrate functionality, and are not intended to work right out the box “as-is” :thumbsup:

You’ll need to modify the current templates available on GitHub to suit your requirements.

However… there’s good news :slight_smile:

We’ll soon be releasing significantly updated versions as discussed here recently:

Stay tuned :muscle:

2 Likes