CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 66 % of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.

ZVQ : migrated and live results

500 Mill. AUM in Yen? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I dont’ care about claims, I trust @ignacio that guarenteed that the person behind ZVQ is registered in Spain as money manager.

I am not a fan of ZVQ but live results are good so far, no bad trading and no gambling.
I dont’ care about fundamental bullshit.

1 Like

If you run a very low VaR and hold open positions over the weekend, you run always a very high risk. If the trade idea fails, the risk manager can only close positions of the investor on worst prices and high spreads when the market opens after the weekend. Maybe something is visible tomorrow on the underlying strategy with the 1 day timeframe.

His results since migration are only pushed by a too low VaR with a leverage about 10 on the Darwin and investor accounts. The misproportion there is that the investor can only double the leverage while the trader can give him a leverage of 10 (and other traders with lower VaR use a leverage of 50+).

In France, many public coach gurus (used to) get an “investment advisor” licence in order to act as an Introducing Agent to touch rebates legally. This is rather easy and quick to get.
The money manager licence requires however 2 associates, an economic diploma and some capital.
In the US, you can become a CTA money manager from a simple multiple choices exam. You could teach yourself the material in 1 month intensively.

In no cases, any of these qualifications guarantee that you know how to trade, it just certifies that you learned some theorical knowledge. The ability to trade in practice is never judged. On its own, it means very little about the forthcoming performance :slight_smile: it really is paperwork to acquire rights plus a form of credibility / reputation.
I took the CTA course myself. You mostly get to know how the marketplaces and instrument type functions + some legal /ethical aspects. That’s it

Summary

https://fundkis.com/en/funds/platinium-france/FR0010086959
This money manager is always on the TV in France, preaching the truth. He blew a few other funds :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I will extend the buy signal to Darwin bashing instead of just quitting report.

Not bad start for 3 days

Just bought ZVQ for the experiment

He has been so bashed (and ashamed, fired, etc.) that he’s starting fresh hedge fund in Switzerland :joy:

3 Likes

3 days are noise, maybe after 3 year you can draw some conclusions… :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah. My allocation is going to be super random cause running into signals when unexpected, also haven’t thought about an exit process (sold LSC to get ZVQ cause the bounce was quicker than SCS :P). I’ll improvise. Sorry, this is not serious. Still, many traders quit at the worst time, let’s see how it gets when the investors’ sentiment get emotional (outside of data)

1 Like

For me the strongest reason to stay away is just that the trader claimed to manage 500 millions.
If you are managing 500 millions what are you doing here?
I dont’ care about mt4, I dont’ care about a license, I care about credibility

As strategy analyst I dont’s see anything wrong or dangerous in the trading journal, and the style after the migration is the same as before.

5 Likes

Maybe it was 500m of position notional value :wink: joking

We saw ZVQ has large stops (vs exits) but at least seems to apply them. If he really is manual plus a bit stubborn, there are chances of recovery after the suffering of market extension of the moment ends (it gets nasty when it doesn’t)

There’s a clear shit of market nervosity at the moment, so maybe ZVQ is getting unadjusted, like others

2 Likes

This weekend ,although I was not in the mood,I took a pain to go on ZVQ "company"website to check it out.There he doesn’t claim to have money management license,only investment advisor. EvidenceAlpha nicely explained the difference.And he basically offers his clients they send their funds to Tradestation broker in USA in their name and there he is supposed to trade their money in their accounts-very institutional,isn’t it?.There is no link or number of his license by FCA(UK)although he claims he has it.There he also states that he can only accept professional clients.But, and this is really funny,that link to his website disappeared today.It was in the description of ZVQ main page and now it vanished.

3 Likes

In January he got himself on the wrong side of strong Yen trend and even after suffering 22% DD in that single trade,his stop-loss was not activated.He wasn’t slipped like some other darwin manager in less liquid Yen pair.ZVQ was in very liquid Eur/Yen pair which was bouncing at the bottom for quite some time and SL nowhere in sight.I don’t think he has SL in place at all.He is trading his account with 1% VaR so he is OK.

2 Likes

You got that completely wrong.Observe how OVL,SCS and ZVQ were treated by investors(these are just few recent gems,you can find plenty of that behavior in 2018 and probably 2017).While good native darwins with MORE actual trading on Darwinex platform like AZG,GOB and UPP,just to name a few, are ignored by investors.
The way to go is to migrate fake track-record and attract investors immediately.
Look at AEB,really funny migration.Investors were saved because he dropped immediately and now he even stopped trading altogether.
Recently Darwinex presented really stunning BZC.What could possibly go wrong with that one?
As CavaliereVerde wrote somewhere: by posting bad stuff,Darwinex is suppressing the growth of the good stuff.Sadly.

4 Likes

Migrations are less accepted by experienced investors but how many experienced investor are there?
I guess less 30 , the problem is not to sell dreams to the other 500 .

Darwinex has the goal to find talent and some success stories are migrations: THA SYO YZZ …
Avoiding scams is a homework for investors, we have a migration almost every week, more than 90% are crap.

3 Likes

Dont.

• 20 chars limit
2 Likes

Trader didn’t even make 25% on his trading account in 9 years. Leveraging the Darwin with a low VaR (currently about 1.16 %) is the key to show such performance. The risk is only on the back of his investors, while his micro risk the best lottery ticket he can buy as long as he receives investor fees.

1 Like

And who cares!
What matters here is that you are able to make pips every year.
Who cares if your var is 1% or 50% , if you make pips you are a winner if not you are a looser.
You neither know the size of his account on the other broker, neither the number of the accounts.
You insist with this bullshit of low VAR… THIS IS NOT THE POINT !
ERQ is one of the best darwins and works under 1%

There are many reasons to work at very low var, the main one is that you dont need to deposit or withdraw continuously to keep it stable.
That is the reason DWC and DWF are working at very low var.

3 Likes

You’re right, I insist on this point because IMO the only reason to trade such a low VaR is to grab higher DarwinIA prizes. There is no other reason not to cut the account balance and bring the VaR in a reasonable region.

In my opinion it means the trader does not really trust his own strategy and is not able to make pips, if he cannot even make more than 20 $ on his 10k account in a month. You can call him a successful Darwin manager for sure, but not a good “trader” for that. As long as it works.

If ERQ crashes down anytime like ZVQ recently you might also regard this point with more attention.

1 Like

You will never know the “skin in the game” of the trader, as you will never know his total wealth.
High equity and low var could be a tactic to get full allocations but I don’t think it is the main reason for the low var, it would be if we were speaking about a darwin with few investors and AUM.

2 Likes

ERQ does not participate in DarwinIA because the Darwin is closed for new investments. On this point you might be right in this case. Time will tell the rest.

2 Likes